Lt. Commander
# 31
08-23-2011, 07:43 AM
1. Fleet Recruiters using in game chat to advertise. I think they all use the same lines too.

2. As mentioned before random and unsollicited Friend requests, PvP challenges and the like

3. Forum members that think that Cryptic should give everything away for free
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Things that annoy me about MMO's:

All of the other players.

Well, not all of the players - just the ones who feel it is necessary to intereact with me. I'm antisocial to a certain degree. If we get teamed or whatever, great. I can handle that and will try to be a good team player. Don't randomly try to involve me in your RP or bug me about joining your fleet, please.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Now that is truly scary. I know my pet peeve....the way some people treat others that don't speak their language in mmo's. My primary language is Spanish and in another mmo I use to play, I was speaking to a fellow player in Spanish only to be called a "jaja" by some random idiot.

side note...j is pronounced the same as an h in English. So jaja would be pronounce haha and that is how many Spanish speakers type laughter. This is the origin of calling some mmo'ers of Hispanic origin Jaja's.
Hmm, whenever I see it pop up I always thought somebody was saying "yes yes" in German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
Where a character is supposedly the offspring of one or more canon characters. Really, you mean you can't hit Random a few times to come up with something original? Really?
I have something similar about that in my characters bio. Although I'm running around as Buck Rogers, not original but I'm not a Kirk nor am I RPing as Buck Rogers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
I hate how MMOs must launch without 10 years worth of polished interesting content and features. That they must strive to fight for customers and keep them.

So many MMOs have had great stories to tell and potential at their finger tips - and the main reason they did not fully deliver (if at all) has really been down to the amount of time it takes to develop them versus the money that goes into them.

You could spend 14 years making a game, like Duke Nukem, and its crap. With MMOs thats just too risky a prospect, and you can often get better feedback etc on stuff you need to do when they are out there in the public's domain...

I just hate the wasted potential when all that was needed was more time.
What was wrong with Duke Nukem? Honest question, what didn't you like about it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-23-2011, 11:23 AM
people on the forums becoming economic experts, experienced mmo designers and generally just understanding everything about business, when clearly they dont.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-23-2011, 04:18 PM
What annoys me most about MMOs?

When a person actually has a considerable amount of time to play, but that time cannot be utilized due to restraints preventing people from achieving anything too quickly. What difference does it make? I can make the effort and do what is needed, but whether it's now or later, I'm still going to achieve my goals. I'd rather have a short and challenging task rather than a simple and easy task expanded over several weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-24-2011, 01:27 AM
-keyboard warriors that think they're the best thing going
-ridiculous ship/character names
-ridiculous ship/character models
-seeing a legitimate attempt at a canon uniform but being off on the color (just bugs me)
-saying anything positive about Voyager
-zombie borg
-remans
-devidian "life leech" (annoys me to no end)
-random fleet invites
Lt. Commander
- Constant delays
- 1-sided players
- Cocky players
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
I also can't stand the testosterone poisoned names and characters.

The only thing I can't stand worse than that is when I get one of the following tells

1) "hey do you RP?"
When I say yes "great. Lets go cyber."

2) "nice rack. Want to cyber?"

3) "I'll give you <enter amount> of <game currency> to cyber with me"

I'm like what the h#$%. Do you think I am in this game to full fill so sexual fantasy. My wood elf, andorian, or what ever is not here to be your sex kitten.
*ahem*

The alternate spelling out of the MMORPG acronym is Many Men Online RolePlaying Girls. When you get idiots like that tell them you're a man.

Back to the OP, the random invites bug me too, but lately (for what should be obvious reasons) I've been bugged by the fact that any time a developer offers great character customization options, there is always that army of 14 year olds who are somehow compelled to make the stupidest-looking characters possible. I can only imagine they all think they're being clever and funny.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas1031
-keyboard warriors that think they're the best thing going
-ridiculous ship/character names
-ridiculous ship/character models
-seeing a legitimate attempt at a canon uniform but being off on the color (just bugs me)
-saying anything positive about Voyager
-zombie borg
-remans
-devidian "life leech" (annoys me to no end)
-random fleet invites
At least this game doesn't have the endless parade of guild/fleet names that involve the words "mafia", "yakuza" or other organized crime-related terms.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
At least this game doesn't have the endless parade of guild/fleet names that involve the words "mafia", "yakuza" or other organized crime-related terms.

Yet there are ship names as well as Captain names that make me think twice about letting my daughter play this game.