Lt. Commander
So I just got a 1 star review that said "if you can't mark the entrances don't make the mission." this mission has entrances on social maps. When you are on that objective, yes, no minimal marker shows up over it. Now while I'm annoyed at the reviewer (I said like 3 times in dialogue and mission log where the entrances are) I would like to see this implemented for social map doors. We do get markers for talk to contact objectives on social maps, but not doors.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-25-2011, 03:28 AM
Clarification please (I'm relatively new to the Foundry):

What's a social map?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2011, 04:26 AM
Social maps are maps like ESD, Memory Alpha, Starbase 39, Drozana ect.

Any zone that is shared among a wide range of people. You can use thse social maps within the foundry both to have interact and talk to objectives or as a starting point for a mission known as a door (an entry point into the mission's custom maps which can also be a star system).

Currently objectives are marked on zones but 'doors' aren't identified.

---

As to the OP. I guess because the coding for putting a marker in for doors wasn't included as all cryptic missions are space-based missions and didn't need it to be further complicated by the mix of sector space and ground doors for the foundry. They would have to add coding that would only trigger on ground maps or have the code work for all maps which would be unnecessary and could be confusing.

But yes, I agree door waypoint markers for doors in social zones is a must.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Thank you for the clarification, and I agree that would be useful. While I haven't bumped into the problem yet, I'm sure I will at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah, this would be a good feature, especially when the doors are crates and stuff. Players sometimes zoom through the dialogue of the first talk to contact and they get confused about where to enter the mission from there.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Yeah, this would be a good feature, especially when the doors are crates and stuff. Players sometimes zoom through the dialogue of the first talk to contact and they get confused about where to enter the mission from there.
*raises hand* I'm guilty of that.

What I'm trying to do is use the /OOC and /MISSIONTEXT markers to highlight stuff like "Go through the door behind me" so it will catch the player's attention.