Lt. Commander
It's time to perform your civic duty and vote in the Federation Straw Poll.

Poll Question 2:
Rate the following XOs in order of preference:
  • Spock
  • Riker
  • Kira
  • Chakotay
  • T'Pol

Poll "closes" on August 28 at whatever time I get online or when 48 hours have passed from last vote. I will then tally the results and post them in this post and as a response. In the event of a tie, names will be listed in series order. Scoring is as follows:
  1. 5 points
  2. 4 points
  3. 3 points
  4. 2 points
  5. 1 point

Rules:
  • One vote per person. If you vote more than once, I will take your original vote.
  • You must rate all five captains. Any incomplete votes will start at the bottom of the scale (for example, if you only vote for two people, they will receive two points and one point respectively).
  • Feel free to discuss your votes. But if you change your mind, be sure to edit your original vote.
  • You may darken your vote if you wish to not influence those who just happen to wonder in.

After the results are posted, I will create a new thread with a new poll.

Results of the first straw poll can be found here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-21-2011, 06:11 AM
1. Spock
2. Kira
3. T´Pol
4. Riker
5. Chakotay
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Spock
Kira
Riker
Chakotay
T'pol
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Spock
Kira
Riker
Chakotay
T'Pol
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-21-2011, 06:54 AM
•Spock
•Chakotay
•T'Pol
•Riker
•Kira
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-21-2011, 07:27 AM
1. Spock
2. Riker
3. Kira
4. T'Pol
5. Chakotay

The Chakotay character had a lot of potential, but it always seemed to me that Robert Beltran looked like he'd rather be somewhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-21-2011, 08:14 AM
1) Spock
2) Riker
3) Chakotay
4) Kira
5) T'Pol
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-21-2011, 05:26 PM
1st- Spock: His dichotomy was probably the most profound in the franchise and perhaps the reason why he is a popular icon. Especially his final line in Star Trek 6 when the Enterprise A was ordered back to Spacedock to be decommissioned. "If I were human my response would be 'Go to Hell' If I were human."

2nd: Riker- He was perhaps the polar opposite of Picard and one of my favorite TNG characters for being a womanizer, a tough guy, and had a kick *** beard. The reason he doesn't get my first place vote was that he was a mellower Kirk.

3rd: Chakotay- Gotta give Beltran credit for his acting, and agree with the comment that the writing did not give his character justice. Plus the character was a native amer. I enjoy that to a large degree.

4th: T'Pol- one reason HOT and not much else.

5th: Kira

Don't get me wrong I enjoy each of these characters on screen and I don't despise all of them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
It's time to perform your civic duty and vote in the Federation Straw Poll.

Poll Question 2:
Rate the following XOs in order of preference:
  • Spock
  • Riker
  • Kira
  • Chakotay
  • T'Pol

Poll "closes" on August 28 at whatever time I get online or when 48 hours have passed from last vote. I will then tally the results and post them in this post and as a response. In the event of a tie, names will be listed in series order. Scoring is as follows:
  1. 5 points
  2. 4 points
  3. 3 points
  4. 2 points
  5. 1 point

Rules:
  • One vote per person. If you vote more than once, I will take your original vote.
  • You must rate all five captains. Any incomplete votes will start at the bottom of the scale (for example, if you only vote for two people, they will receive two points and one point respectively).
  • Feel free to discuss your votes. But if you change your mind, be sure to edit your original vote.
  • You may darken your vote if you wish to not influence those who just happen to wonder in.

After the results are posted, I will create a new thread with a new poll.

Results of the first straw poll can be found here.
I found this actually harder. Because when youstep away from really bad writing I still felt these characters where very strong and liked them all. But all that said..

Spock
Riker
T'Pol
Chakotay
Kira

Kira ended at the bottom more because she always felt more like a "co-commander" who submitted more to Sisko's authority than a real exec.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Riker - For having the stones to shoot at Locutus.

Spock - For being awesome and making Vulcans really be different.

Chakotay - The best of the rest. He did good keeping Janeway from killing her way across the Delta Quadrant.

Kira - Only because Odo liked her. And for the reason below.

T'Pol - Because Enterprise is dead to me.