Lt. Commander
# 11
08-22-2011, 08:42 PM
No one has this job right now. The STO team tags stuff for inclusion. No one actually includes it. It has become the norm.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-24-2011, 12:45 AM
While I agree with costumes (and believe Stahl indicated Bajoran uniforms would be on the Foundry circa the next Featured Episode launch), the issue with the TOS interior is quite likely that Bridge Officers would never be able to path through something that close to "canon accurate" in scale. To hook it up, they'd probably need away team size selection and to have some maps like TOS interiors that you can't take an away team to.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
While I agree with costumes (and believe Stahl indicated Bajoran uniforms would be on the Foundry circa the next Featured Episode launch), the issue with the TOS interior is quite likely that Bridge Officers would never be able to path through something that close to "canon accurate" in scale. To hook it up, they'd probably need away team size selection and to have some maps like TOS interiors that you can't take an away team to.
that might be true. i just remember Dstahl saying he was excited about the "time travel" foundry missions that would be coming out once the TOS bridge hit the game. wished i had the link to the post since it is why i was so excited about it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-24-2011, 03:42 PM
"I can't wait to get this interior into the Foundry so that players can make time travel missions "

This is the quote from back in March of this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Even if you aren't interested in having the TOS Bridge/Interior for your own ship, I'm excited about getting the assets in game and then ported over to the Foundry so that players might be able to cook up some cool Time Travel episodes
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...el#post3389726

And this one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Well... since I am in many of these discussions, I can add my personal experience in dealing with this.

For the most part, use of existing Star Trek assets has been Ok'd so long as we have a justified reason for putting it in the game, and as others have pointed out, everyone has their own personal favorite series.

Where it actually gets the most dicey is when we start talking about the future and what should be in the future. That actually requires a lot more coordination and approval since there are both ongoing book series, ongoing movies, and ongoing story plots that we are working to both coordinate and ensure stay at the very least amicable to one another.

So at least in some ways, it is eaiser for us to use things from the past than to make new things for the future. We've had a few of our future ships sent back for revisions as we've pushed various "looks" a bit too far in concepts.

In general, even though we are in the future, we feel it is ok to add older components and ships to the game so long as most missions take place in the here and now (save for the occassional time travel mission). With that philosophy - I'm ok with letting players roleplay that they are from the past - so long as the content they are playing is in our timeline.
As another side note: It's an interesting trivia example that we had initially planned Romulus as a zone you could go to, but had to nuke it when we started coordination with the Paramount movie. So even though we are just one example of the Star Trek universe, we do work to coordinate with other efforts and stay friendly to the stories everyone is trying to tell.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-25-2011, 05:35 PM
I am also eagerly anticipating TOS as well as Enterprise interiors.
My first foundry project was a non combat mission where you had to sneak around two museum ships from those early eras, get them operational and keep them from being stolen. Sadly I had to mothball the concept because of the lack of appropriate resources.

For now, all I can do is wait patiently.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingie
I am also eagerly anticipating TOS as well as Enterprise interiors.
My first foundry project was a non combat mission where you had to sneak around two museum ships from those early eras, get them operational and keep them from being stolen. Sadly I had to mothball the concept because of the lack of appropriate resources.

For now, all I can do is wait patiently.
I can't wait to try yours when you are able to update it with the right tools!
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-29-2011, 11:17 PM
My suspicion is that they either need to improve AI pathing or tried and couldn't get it to work. try to make a map that cramped in the Foundry and watch your BOs get stuck on everything.

Now, I don't think it would be so painful if we could place BOs on maps as NPCs and we could control NPC pathing.

So maybe you wouldn't have a normal away team but you'd have NPCs who wear your BO costumes and have their names and can perform scripted actions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
My suspicion is that they either need to improve AI pathing or tried and couldn't get it to work. try to make a map that cramped in the Foundry and watch your BOs get stuck on everything.

Now, I don't think it would be so painful if we could place BOs on maps as NPCs and we could control NPC pathing.

So maybe you wouldn't have a normal away team but you'd have NPCs who wear your BO costumes and have their names and can perform scripted actions.
well truthfully that bridge is also to big. just look at the size of the helm station. its smaller and closer to what it should be but it and the bridge is still to big. but even so maybe they could make it a limited size away team like when you beam down on one of the first patrols. i cant remember which system it is. but instead of beaming in with 4 BoFF's maybe just 1 or 2.