Lt. Commander
# 21
08-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
That is a very good point that doesn't get brought up nearly enough.
To be honest, i just wanted to remind that point, it wasn't my idea, but i can't find the link to the original tread anymore.

An idea for an Release of a RSE Faction could be the Release in a sort of several "Episodes" like:

- Rising from the Ashes
Basic RSE (Some very few ships in several Class Configurations, Romulan, Romulan Liberated, Trill and Alien Race) some very few starter missions (Tutorial[s]), access to foundry, some R&D...

- Blaze of Glory
Introduction of the RSE to PvP(balancing/3vs3 PvP), Reman, Hirogen, DOFF System, some more Ships...

- A New Dawn
A new Homeworld(like the first city/SFA), access to Featured Episoes, SFT's ...

This would split the immense amount of work in a large chunk (the first one) and several "bite-size" ones.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix32 View Post
I say people that whine and complain about petty things like that dont even get the point of trek and should just leave.
I agree. But I am not going to call for them to be forceably removed. We will just have to suffer their yowling.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I think what I want to see out of the Romulan Faction.

1. A really interesting PvE storyline with faction exculsive missions, patrol missions, and maybe a story line against the Remans movement and the Tal Shiar.

2. PvP against the Federation and the Klingon Empire

3. A bit more 2409 ships for the romulans as new ones.

4. As far as races are concerned Romulan, Joined Trill, Alien, Reman, and HIrogen. No Iconians.

5. A choice for a home world or hub has to be somewhere like maybe Rator capitol city.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-23-2011, 07:06 PM
This is what I need.

Battle cloak on all ships, low hull, medium weapons and shields.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
This is what I need.

1a. more than 8 missions but less than 20
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-23-2011, 07:50 PM
My Fleet ran 3 General War Campaigns using The old StarFleet Command Dynaverse for our real time battles. We Were a Fleet for many years using the K-Hull Romulan ships and the Old School WarBirds then transferred to the TNG Romulan major warship changes with SFC III

A Major part of that Star Fleet Battles Creation was Empire Maps . via the Cyberboard game design program.

Plotting and Diplomacy Fleet Organization build on the Strategic aspects of Empire Management we don't really have available here yet.

A Major factor in the Romulan Empire was the Style of old earth empire it was based on The Roman mixed with styles and xenophobic early Japan under a Feudal system mixed with a Shadow government of the Tal Shair. So it was heavy on Provincial Governors and Capitols under constant over sight of shadows of the state. The Old Emperor Empress Cast of Nobles Lead by the Praetor. First Counsel.. Senators powerful.

Lacking the resource or power base the Romulans had to develop more suprfuge or guile almost Sub Warfare mentality.

The Klingon Empire was based on Soviet Russia but also the Heavy Clan or House Loyalty systems. So very much the same old order of Pre WW I. Europe. Transitioning to Cold WAR. Closed boarders and Expansionist goals. Certainly aspects of the Genghis Khan Conquest Empire system was also amalgamated into a concept as an antagonist to KIrks TOS Protagonist.
The Code of Bushido Style of warrior Honour was developed to a high respected degree.
Natural Conflicts abound its a matter of Mr Roddenberry not writing his version of "The Similarion" placing a more detailed canon structure of spelled out histories.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
I think what I want to see out of the Romulan Faction.

1. A really interesting PvE storyline with faction exculsive missions, patrol missions, and maybe a story line against the Remans movement and the Tal Shiar.

2. PvP against the Federation and the Klingon Empire

3. A bit more 2409 ships for the romulans as new ones.

4. As far as races are concerned Romulan, Joined Trill, Alien, Reman, and HIrogen. No Iconians.

5. A choice for a home world or hub has to be somewhere like maybe Rator capitol city.
I can agree with you on most but as for races goes the Hirogen do not work well with the Romulan
Empire Klingon maybe but not Romulan I do not know what DA in CRYPTIC came up with that one.

Quote:
This is what I need.

Sorry can not agree with you on this if have seen TOS you would know that the Romulan weapons
are betteer then the Federation as well as Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRhamme View Post
I can agree with you on most but as for races goes the Hirogen do not work well with the Romulan
Empire Klingon maybe but not Romulan I do not know what DA in CRYPTIC came up with that one.

Sorry can not agree with you on this if have seen TOS you would know that the Romulan weapons
TOS? I'm not sure how well ancient history should really inform modern game mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRhamme View Post

I also cannot stand Hirogen presence in Romulan space, I don't think I've enountered a 'Romulan' in STO who can. Otherwise, releasing the Romulan game content in steps via a storyline that builds up said content is a pretty sweet idea, although I'd also like to get it all at once lol.

As for how ships are outfitted- I just want battle cloak for all ships and otherwise just to be able to compete with other factions (honestly are you going to be able to use a battle cloak in a Romulan warbird the same way as in a Klingon Bird of Prey and fly behind an asteroid to escape? probably not)
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-24-2011, 01:40 PM
ive been thinking it would be awesome if at some point we helped reunite the splitting parts of the romulan empire (tal shiar, remans, all of it). maybe they should make that a feature episode and bring in the romulans that way.

theres my 2 cents