Lt. Commander
Please don't move Fed crafting from Memory Alpha. Yes it takes a little effort to get there - and I have an idea of how to fix that - but, when you do get there the only people there are crafters.

The reasons for crafting at Memory Alpha only. It is easy to talk crafting without a bunch of miscellaneous chat interference. All the crafters are in one place, and help is therefore not diluted. If crafting is added at ESD, then there will be just that much more static for both crafters and non-crafters.

To solve the problem of actually going to Memory Alpha, it would be very easy to add a transwarp to Memory Alpha as a reward for reaching a certain crafting level.

Please don't add crafting to places other than Memory Alpha
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Please don't move Fed crafting from Memory Alpha. Yes it takes a little effort to get there - and I have an idea of how to fix that - but, when you do get there the only people there are crafters.

The reasons for crafting at Memory Alpha only. It is easy to talk crafting without a bunch of miscellaneous chat interference. All the crafters are in one place, and help is therefore not diluted. If crafting is added at ESD, then there will be just that much more static for both crafters and non-crafters.

To solve the problem of actually going to Memory Alpha, it would be very easy to add a transwarp to Memory Alpha as a reward for reaching a certain crafting level.

Not familiar with this notion but I agree, It adds certain charm to go there and do my crafting. And it means more when someone crafts something for you because they where there. If you want to mess with crafting, and I can think of better ways to spend your time, than add items to the menu, like double crit beam arrays or mkxii consoles.

Like my gramps always said, " if it aint broke, don't fix it". lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2011, 08:02 PM
There's been times where the only way I been able to craft certain items was to trade some of one type of samples for some of another type sample. If crafting is no longer just on memory alpha things like that might be harder to do. That's one reason I don't like the idea of making crafting available there. But the suggestion earlier here about a transwarp button to Memory Alpha is a good idea rather have that than crafting everywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2011, 08:24 PM
I dont think they are removing the crafting area from Memory alpha, just expanding it to ships and stations other than MA. And just a though, how about a crafting channel?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2011, 08:50 PM
I actually like the idea of crafting on your ship a lot. It would be convenient and add cool functionality to your ship interior.

However if people really wanted Memory Alpha to retain a functionality in relation to crafting it could be made so certain special items can only be crafted there, or if crafting becomes diversified so there are different crafters, the mission or training to differentiate your crafting could also be done at Memory Alpha.

However, while it may not be "broke," it is annoying enough to go back to Memory Alpha to craft that a lot of people will stop crafting, or go there in spurts to just grind a ton. So really it isn't perfect so what's not perfect can always be improved.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2011, 12:36 AM
I am maxed out crafter and care nothing for Memory Alpha. I prefer the ability to craft where and when I want. If they want Memory Alpha to continue then please give me some reason to go there because ships have replicators and I should be able to replicate pretty much anything but Latinum using them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post

Excellent point about the chatter. However, I'm a big fan of being able to craft from my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Going to memory alpha from sol is 5 completely unnecessary loading screens and a waste of a bunch of my time, none of which is fun, but requires I micromanage my character at each of those steps. It creates an odd social disconnect between people making stuff fed side, and people just socializing, which is dumb, and it forces me to pay attention to a character who isn't doing anything.

Either I should be able to automatically fly to a crafting place (board a shuttle maybe?), or just craft in sol or something. Right now, I can transwarp to Sol, but I can't really tab out, or chat in one of the social channels while going to craft.

Oh, and you get sent to memory alpha at a completely messed up stage in the game, way before you're ready to be flying around anywhere else in romulan space. The whole thing is a bit messed up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I suspect that while they will be adding crafting to other areas of the game, possibly on your own ship's interior, this will probably be limited in some way. For instance, the Azura Comm can only be used once every two hours. So while this saves you having to go back to starbase for mail or bank access, once you use it if you need to access the mail or bank again you sitll have to go back to the starbase.

The devs may also introduce a chance of failure at a location other than Memory Alpha, or cause it to cost more resources. I think any of these suggestions would keep the "serious" crafters at Memory Alpha.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-20-2011, 11:23 AM
i must admit i want crafting on our ships, or at least at every starbase if not our ships.

im flying a damn city here. i dont want to have to cross the galaxy so i can weld some stuff together.