Lt. Commander
# 11
08-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I can confirm the same thing is happening to my Carrier BoP pets, they refuse to use Cloak, CRF or HY,i have tried unequiping, buying new ones ect and nothing works, it doesnt matter what mission type you use them on (STF, explores, FE's ect) they just refuse to use any of their skills at all. I really dont know what other info can be given, but if there is any other info needed let us know what u need as i really cant think of anything else that can be said.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
Not being sarcastic here, but I don't know what more you need from us. BoP's launched from KDF carriers used to cloak when not in combat. They used to fire HY photon torpedoes and use the Cannon Rapid Fire power when in combat.

Now they never do. Ever. Period.

I honestly don't understand what possible more you could want/need from us for you to look into it.
In addition to bugs we get from QA, I will try to collect some of the most egregious ones reported on the forums that seem particularly serious. 95% of the time, bugs are in fact not 100% reproducible, but are only happening for certain players because of conditions they may not even realize aren't universal.

When I get a breather between regularly scheduled work, I will collect all the info that players have provided, which will in turn vastly speed up the time locating what the issue really is and where it is. This is why when I see an issue on the forum I will ask for as much info as possible, so when I do go in to look at it, it will be faster to reproduce the issue.

As it turns out, this case is one of those 5% issues that does in fact happen 100% of the time. We have now located the issue and are planning on pushing out a fix next week.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
In addition to bugs we get from QA, I will try to collect some of the most egregious ones reported on the forums that seem particularly serious. 95% of the time, bugs are in fact not 100% reproducible, but are only happening for certain players because of conditions they may not even realize aren't universal.

When I get a breather between regularly scheduled work, I will collect all the info that players have provided, which will in turn vastly speed up the time locating what the issue really is and where it is. This is why when I see an issue on the forum I will ask for as much info as possible, so when I do go in to look at it, it will be faster to reproduce the issue.

As it turns out, this case is one of those 5% issues that does in fact happen 100% of the time. We have now located the issue and are planning on pushing out a fix next week.
One should also play the featured episode entitled " Skirmish " from the Klingon side. None of the Klingon npc ships use these ablites as well.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHat
One should also play the featured episode entitled " Skirmish " from the Klingon side. None of the Klingon npc ships use these ablites as well.
Thanks. I will ask jheinig to check that out as well. It's probably using the same AI routine.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:

OICCCCCCcccccccccc.

Thanx for the background info on why you asked that.

Thanx even more for confirming/finding the issue. Pushing out a fix next week means you were even able to fix it that fast? Wow.
Lt. Commander
# 16 So
08-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Additional info makes it easier for us to narrow the field to figure out what is wrong where. At the end of the day, though, it's still someone here poking around in the systems trying to find a discrepancy.

Except where something is happening 100% of the time, the hardest thing for us to do is usually to reproduce issues. Once we can do that, we can generally fix the problem.
W:pe should expect the fix to come as rapidly as the boff decloaking bug huh? :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
W:pe should expect the fix to come as rapidly as the boff decloaking bug huh? :p
"Usually" being the operative word...

In this case, it is going to be a fast fix. Unfortunately, sometimes the issues are much more problematic to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:

I"m glad to see it recognized and that a fix is on the way. Thanks a bunch heretic 4 ur help.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:

Yeah I agree because I had problems with various ships and submitted bugs about it and I got to the point where I submitted them and I kept getting message back to give more info on reproducing bugs and I would give a second by second play by play and still get the same message back. As when I talk about it on forums where I can tell you are reading these messages that is when these bugs I come across tend to be fixed in an expedient time frame.

One issue with the bops I have noticed that has been submitted as a bug could be viewed as a bug and not viewed as a bug. When making certain pets like fighters, bops, etc and you have been in the instance long enough to have created the maximum they support since they do not travel fast enough most of the time to catch up to you when you spawn new ones usually I have seen the most recent/closest to you are replaced. I think some positive feedback to fix these issues would be when you are going to be replacing these after you already are holding maximum amount of pets is set it up so the ones that have been active the longest despawn. Also possibility of giving them the ability to keep up with you because in Pi Canis Sorties it almost seems counter productive at the present to either wait for them to despawn while you sit, or to speed up, slow down, speed up speed down. I also have noticed these pets don't use their skills either and sometimes they will attack for 2 seconds then fly away from the target and sit still and right after that when they recharge from cool down they will be replaced. Although when they despawn like that they are usually the first 2 pets I spawn in the instance.

Anyways thats my 2 cents keep up the good work too
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-27-2011, 05:07 PM
I have to say, I thought this was an intentional nerf but reading a dev post saying otherwise kinda lightens my day. What I can say is this, the BoP's do not use any powers. All they do is fly and shoot. This is 100% of the time in any instance, no Crf, no HY, and no cloak. It doesn't matter where I am, anywhere I've been in my carrier since season 4, the BoP's just don't do what they used to.