Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Dailies
08-22-2011, 05:02 PM
*bangs head on desk*

I'd like the devs to seriously reconsider changing fleet dailies. Sprinkling thousands of enemies over every single object needed for the daily makes this difficult for latecomers to reach and successfully complete each objective. Either:
  • Reduce or remove the mobs around each objective.
  • Change the objective so that it's possible for one person alone to complete.
  • Eliminate the interaction objectives and stick to simple Fleet Action completion objectives.
  • Adjust these interactions so they cannot be interrupted when fired upon.
  • Despawn enemies when each phase is completed. (i.e. Frigates disappear when cruiser objective appears in Gorn Minefield, allowing players to swoop in and complete objectives for daily)

Chances are nothing will be done until Season 5. Any more ideas for improving Fleet Action Dailies are welcome. What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2011, 05:26 PM
So basically your asking for Fleet Dailies to be changed to Captain Dailies?

My suggestion is to join a fleet who are preferably operating in your time zone primarily, make some friends and then take on the fleet actions with your fleet, not solo. All problems solved, nothing wrong with the way these missions are designed, as they're designed to be completed in teams, using team work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
So basically your asking for Fleet Dailies to be changed to Captain Dailies?

My suggestion is to join a fleet who are preferably operating in your time zone primarily, make some friends and then take on the fleet actions with your fleet, not solo. All problems solved, nothing wrong with the way these missions are designed, as they're designed to be completed in teams, using team work.
You do know that you can be put into fleet actions after they've started right? it has nothing to do with 'captain' dailies, it has everything to do with the huge respawning swarms around the scan targets.

If the group already hit one you aren't getting it is what he's saying, he didn't need the join a fleet speech.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I do know that CapnBludd, but the OP specifically asked for Cryptic to "Change the objective so that it's possible for one person alone to complete."

Also, it's possible to create private queues for fleet actions, eliminating the issue you've just raised.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Yea pretty much the reason why I never bothered with them even before they added the god awful queue system for FAs. I always wished that it was just completing the FA not having to do the boring scanning stuff that would've been more bearable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm aware of the private instance solution, but I'd also like a PUG solution in the event that my fleet is unavailable.

It's annoying at times, but not really a big deal. I don't exactly hardcore grind emblems anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-22-2011, 10:03 PM
the problem isnt scanning minerals here...

the fleet PvE queue system SUCKS!
and it is 100x worse on the Klignon side, where fleet actions hardly ever get played any more!

personally i don't think fleet actions should be any easier to accomplish!
before Season 4, i was able to beat the Federation minefield fleet actions, the Gorn minefield fleet actions and the space portion of StarBase 24 on my own with multiple characters

whether this is right or wrong is irrelevent, ads it was difficult, and possible only with practice and the correct ship type/build!

what agrivates me as that io can't fly in and either start or continue the fleet actions without waiting in a queue for a time that is NOt of my choosing.
and if you enter into a PvP queue, and then into PvP your spot in the fleet action queue is then canselled!

where before if you were half way through the fleet actions you could choose to ignore PvP invites, or join them if no one else was in the fleet action with you!

the whole queue system makes it difficult to get into a fleet actions, but does NOTHING for the actual cantent or gameplay of the fleet action!

what should be done is to make an OPEN INSTANCE to all fleet actions, and to make the fleet actions a little more difficult, OR make more objectives to complete the fleet action successfully
(in other words, if you are going to make it easier, make it LONGER)

if anything we should be ADDING things to do in fleet actions!

if you make the fleet actions easier in any way, people will start farming blue and purple rares like we all did in SB24 in seasons 2 and 3!

KILL THE FLEET ACTION QUEUE... KILLL IT DEAD WITH A BATT'LETH! *stab* *stab* *stab*