Lt. Commander
# 1 SHUT UP already!
08-24-2011, 01:25 AM
I dunno about anyone else, but I'm getting pretty fed up with my bird of prey de-cloaking every time my chatty bridge officer opens her mouth, or I receive an incoming hail from anyone. (This has killed my battle cloak, a perfect ambush, and my ship on more then one occasion.)

Yes back in WWII conversation on board a sub during silent running could easily alert the enemy to their position, but I would hope cloaking fields in space would be a wee bit better?

Fixing cloak and battle cloak to stay engaged regardless of how much my BO drones on and on with stating the *blindingly obvious* (Yes we are under attack, especially now you've announced the enemy ships are inbound and helpfully turned off the cloak to show them our position. >.< ) would be a nice plus. (Or just a way to slap my Bo's upside the head and tell them to pipe down till after I'm done making space bacon out of the enemy.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Cryptic recently changed the cloak, so that it does in fact remain through dialouges.

However, they did decide that in some instances, they would allow the cloak to drop, if they feel that it worked witht he mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Cryptic recently changed the cloak, so that it does in fact remain through dialouges.

However, they did decide that in some instances, they would allow the cloak to drop, if they feel that it worked witht he mission.
[Citation needed]
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
[Citation needed]
lol, I was thinking the same thing. Just played my BoP last night and had the same problem wqith cloaking in every single type of mission I did.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
[Citation needed]
Ask and you shall receive.

Quote:
Contacts and mini-contacts will no longer pull players out of cloak with the following exceptions.

If you are interacting with something you will still be pulled out of cloak.
We can still have a contact or mini-contact pull you out of cloak if we feel it benefits the mission!

Source: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...08&postcount=4
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-24-2011, 04:02 AM
Quote:

Unforutnately they decided that it should drop cloak in most instances, instead of the fewest instances.

Maybe we need to bug every single mission or situation where you're uncloaked and say it doesn't make sense there to uncloak. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-24-2011, 05:46 AM
So let me get this straight; when I'm in a mission and one of my BOs mentions something to me my cloak is supposed to drop? Sorry but I simply don't see the logic behind this. Imagine in DS9 when the Klingons were cloaked and one of the Bridge officers had to say something to their captain their cloaks drop because they obviously need to decloak to have a chat... I SEVERELY doubt that the alliance would have been able to beat the dominion.

I get it why a cloak has to drop to interact with things, it only makes sense. But why the hell does the cloak have to drop everytime some ****er wants to chat with me I simply do not understand at all!

P.S. B'rel (Advanced) battle cloak is *still* bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-24-2011, 06:04 AM
It is not intentional, or if it is its one of the worst "I have no idea how to fix this" cover ups ive ever seen. Nothing was changed, and cloaked is still messed up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-24-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:

Maybe they did ... but what they decided if you asked me as to leave it broken.

Having it uncloak because my tactical officer wants to tell me (in nebula / expanse missions) that we defeated one enemy and to get ready for the next is just plain stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-24-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Unforutnately they decided that it should drop cloak in most instances, instead of the fewest instances.

Maybe we need to bug every single mission or situation where you're uncloaked and say it doesn't make sense there to uncloak. :p
You mean squash the bug by bugging the frak out of them? ... That actually does appeal tot he Klingon in me.