Recently I've gotten rather bored with my Eng/Escort setup, feeling I've pretty much perfected it for myself and worked out all the niggles. I decided I wanted to do something I hadn't done before, so loaded up my tac toon, dumped the excelsior and bought a DSSV (can't afford the D'kyr or the nebula and not sure I want either)
Any help with it is welcomed.
Science Team Leader - 9
Starship Attack Vectors - 9
Starship Combat maneuvers - 9
Starship Battle Strategy - 9
Starship Command - 9
Science Vessel Captain - 9
Research Science Vessel Captain - 9
Long Range Science Vessel Captain - 9
Deep Space Science Vessel Captain - 9
Starship Energy Weapons:-
Starship Energy Weapons Training - 9
Starship Beam Weapons - 9
Starship Phaser Weapons - 9
Assault Training - 4
Starship Engineering Training - 9
Starship Warp Core Training - 9
Starship Auxiliary Systems Maintenance - 9
Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency - 7
Starship Auxiliary Systems Performance - 9
Starship Shield Maintenance - 9
Starship Shield Efficiency - 9
Starship Shield Performance - 9
Starship Weapon Systems Maintenance - 9
Starship Weapon Systems Efficiency - 9
Starship Weapon Systems Performance - 9
Starship Engine Performance - 1
I'm thinking about changing scramble sensors and viral matrix for something else (preferably abilities which make use of Tactical captain buffs). Currently I use Viral Matrix 3 to disable Escorts, but it's only really useful against pugs.
It's still a work in progress, with me still needing to get a Covariant Mk X [cap]x3 shield along with rare consoles and very rare weapons.
I'd drop the tractor beam and switch it for polarize hull. Also I personally dislike viral matrix and would recommend tykens rift/gravity well. Unless your using it defensively in which case i might keep it.
Things to note:
- 6 Beams will be too much of a power drain, go with 5 Beams and a torp
- Swap out the RSP for Aux to SIF
- Gravity Well 3/TBR 3 get boosted by APA/GDF/TacFleet and do insane amounts of damage.
- Viral is lulz, drop it.
- PSW is awesome, and is almost necessary nowadays to break the Extend fests.
- Go with 1 TacTeam and add in Beta into your Lt slot. Chain TacTeam and SciTeam.
- The RSV will suit you as a Tac far better, thanks to the extra Ens Tac, and most importantly, extra Tac console.