Lt. Commander
# 11
08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
@Bulldog

Thats cool and a good idea. I myself prefer ONE FLEET, ONE TOON but I know that is not normal for STO OR any MMO. But maybe another fleet's chat channel is the way to go till I find a more active fleet or if my fleet ever gets their act together in STO because they are good peoples.

Thanks again Bulldog!

LL&P

=/\=
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Hello D Steel,

I saw you signed up on our forums and I've upgraded your account there, so you can visit our Holodecks (which is where we organise our RP's). You're free to join our RP community there with no strings attached.

I'm also in the process of setting up player crewed ships in a way that it'll appeal to both casual and hardcore RPers alike, which is pretty challenging. The system I came up with will work well in the fleet though, so like Emerald Spider said, we'll be able to develop more interesting relationships with our characters in an ongoing storyline.

Personally I never liked a whole bunch of rules, so we go with as little of those as possible. We do have rules in place that make sure people don't mess up the RP fun of others though, so common sense rules like 'no god moding', only RPing about the Star Trek IP and other stuff like that are in effect.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Hihi chiming here with a little plug for Daedalus Omega and our fleet :

Located here : http://daedalusomega.proboards.com/index.cgi

We are a rp community that uses the player crewed ships style for rp, and I've found the comunity to be very friendly and recpetive to new folks and has some darn good rpers in it

Likewise a Plug to the Task Force Delta folks and those awesome folks in the 12th Fleet. I've rp'd with both fleets while with DO and Ive had a blast every time. The rp community is by and large friendly and open to new players learning to rp, or those who like to write and forum rp, but you can see that on our site
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-24-2011, 09:43 AM
@Nishka

Thank you for the upgrade, and I will most definitely check out the holodeck as well as the 12ths RP community. I also appreciate the "no strings attached" invite, even though my fleet is non active on STO I am a loyalist to any organization I am associated with even if my fleet is non active on STO. If I jumped ship every time my fleet/organization became stagnate then what type of member would I be.

I will say some of it is my fault I feel, I was awol once before, when I was going through hard times and getting on our TS or even heading over to our forums OR even getting on STO was the farthest from my mind with everything else I had going on and even here recently when my video card crapped out on me and my pc was down for 3 weeks and I was unable to even log on to the net except through my phone and that was like picking up a wet sponge with chop sticks trying to use a phone to visit forums and stay active during those 3 weeks, lol. But somewhere in the midst of all MY issues, my fleet has dropped off from activity on TS, forums, and even STO, but STO inactivity started a few months in to STO due to STO not having enough at that time to entertain the people in my fleet, sadly enough. But for now I am still loyal to my fleet, even if they are not as active or loyal to STO. But that is also my reasoning for looking for more RP'ers.

I feel as if I can find people who use STO for a template for RPing, then it would make playing STO that more entertaining and give a greater purpose. I have helped MANY do STFs, helped many lvl up, and all under the imagination that my ship and crew has been called on for assistance. I RP even when no one else is in a group I am playing in or helping out in. Even if it is in my own mind and playing out on my own screen, if you know what I mean. I wish I could go into detail here about how every member, all 12 of my bridge officers are based off real people I know and because so they are in place by rank, assignment, and ship station. Uniformed appropriately for Diplomatic events amongst my Senior Staff, uniformed for ground combat amongst by BOff, and in two of my crew's case non uniformed because we formed a friendship with them and now they hang around my ship and have become parts of my crew. Each with their own back story, issues, and accomplishments. I bought extra uniform slots so I can have my own off duty outfits (made from other uniforms to look like real clothes and not a uniform), and also have different stances (in the same crew uniform) and so I can have my dress uniform to match my senior staff when on diplomatic assignments, uniformed for away missions and combat, and so forth . But I say all of this to explain how I RP even when no one notices, even if all I am doing is helping out in a mission or just hanging out while some "spin the wheel".

I guess you can say, for as corny as it sounds, I am playing with my Star Trek action figures on screen.

But back to the 12th, I love your site and I will most definitely check out the holodeck and as much as yall will allow me to cause finding RPers, I feel is what makes STO so much more with or without extra or more content thy keep telling us is coming. Why not make our own content, with or without the foundry? Viola, RPing! Thats my answer.

Again thank you for the warm welcome, and after all I admitted to here if yall will still allow me to RP with yall, lol, then I am down!

@Isis.

Greetings Isis,

If you read through my "novel like" response to Nishka's response, then you now how much RPing means to me and how important it is to find some active and good RPers. I would be happy and more than willing to check out Daedalus Omega, in fact I checked it out before posting here. I am eager to seek out more info and RPing type of stuff on yalls (I am from the south can YALL tell?) site. I got to go make the doughnuts here in a couple of hours, but until then I will be surfing around if yall don't mind, and see what all your talking about and what Daedalus Omega has to offer for a RP seeker like myself.

I also want to thank you for your time in reading my post and your response to my mission to find a RP community. Thank you and expect to see more of me on yalls' forums or just out in STO on your Open FQ or just amongst the stars.

LL&P

=/\=

P.S. click my signature pic or click here to visit my stogeek page to see my personnel file
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Me a few of my fellow rpers tend to rp those unknown system missions icly in our ship. You can always bug me to come along or run into us.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-24-2011, 09:50 AM
@Juroden

Well then please add mend next time I am on (tonight) I will be more than happy to lend my ship an crew to your cause.

D.STEEL@D.STEEL

...and thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Will do mate.

Rhys Llywarch@juroden

My captain is very very welsh.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-24-2011, 10:00 AM
@Juroden

Thats ok, my Captain will not hold it against you if you will not hold it against mine for being American

*salutes*

LL&P

=/\=
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Hello,

I'm not exactly sure what your standards you are looking for in terms of RP. Though Daedalus RP Community being one of the oldest RP Fleet out there, holds a very high standard. We feature starship crewed ships, where players interact as a member of a ship in roles like Chief Security, Medical, Engineer, XO, and Captain. These groups interact with designated story teller, and our ships meet once a week so our activity requirement is very manageable, and we are Eastern Standard Time Zone Fleet. Featureing 4 ships PM's Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

I'll give you a couple of links.

http://daedalusomega.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=190987
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-24-2011, 10:40 AM
@GolbezLunar

Thank you for the information,

I play from 11 pm -12 am est to as late as 5 am - 6 am est on days I work, but when I am off I can and have been on all day till my normal off time. So you can see its hard to find people who play that late unless they are on the west coast or work the same hours or so forth.

I will definitely will check out the links tonight when I get back from work.

=/\=