Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I bought 2 triibbes at 96 points each in STO. I then checked my CO ponts and they've been decreased by 192 points since I checked them yesterday. I was pricing things up yesterday and I wrote down how many points I needed and how many I'd have left so I can see clearly it's decreased from yesterday.

I'll send a ticket in to support but they don't send receipts so I hope they keep records. Everyone who's made a purchase and has two accounts should check they haven't lost points as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-23-2011, 03:30 PM
If you use the same account for both games of course it does this as the points are shared between the games

You buy the points for your account, if you use them in STO or CO it doesn't matter as they are taken from your account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Cryptic Points are shared between both games. You can buy them in either game and use them in either game.

The combined total is what is reported.

As a lifer in CO you also get Cryptic points added to that account each month...but those points can only be spent in CO.. so you might should see a higher balance in CO's Account info as compared with STO's.

This will probably be the case when Neverwinter goes live as well..llall 3 games drawing from the same pool of points.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I had 220 points in STO yesterday and 2106 in CO. Now I have 28 in STO and 1914 in CO and I only spent 192 in STO in game.

If the points were shared there should have been an identical amount in each before and today.

Edit: above. I think I get what you're saying but they've made it needlessly confusing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Do you subscribe to CO or have a lifetime for it? If so, the difference may be that you used purchase C-points for STO, and you have points from your stipend on CO. Points that you buy, will be used in both games, but in STO first over the Stipend ones in CO which can only be used in CO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Do you subscribe to CO or have a lifetime for it? If so, the difference may be that you used purchase C-points for STO, and you have points from your stipend on CO. Points that you buy, will be used in both games, but in STO first over the Stipend ones in CO which can only be used in CO.
It seems that's exactly what happened. I did buy some points for the STO account and assumed the balances were both separate.

Thanks for the responses.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiadan
I had 220 points in STO yesterday and 2106 in CO. Now I have 28 in STO and 1914 in CO and I only spent 192 in STO in game.

If the points were shared there should have been an identical amount in each before and today.

Edit: above. I think I get what you're saying but they've made it needlessly confusing.
Remember - if you are Subscribed to CO in any way (IE not a Silver player); you get a 400 CPoint Stipend every month you stay subscribed (and those stipend C-Points show in CO only) - so no, the C-Point totals will not be the same between bioth games. As people have said above Cryptic CPoints can be used on all Cryptic games.

When you buy 500 CP you get 500 CP, period. You don't get 500 CP and STO and 500 CP for CO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm submitting a ticket first thing tomorrow because no where is it clear that this info is posted in clear bold letters for one to research. There is no reason i have points deducted from my STO when i was buying something in CO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2011, 04:31 AM
There are no STO points just cryptic points as others have said. Bought Cryptic points can be used in any Cryptic game, but stipend points can only be used in the game they were awarded.

Quote:
What are Cryptic Points?

Cryptic Points are a redeemable point system which players can use to purchase special in-game content. Items and services available through Cryptic Points are designed to enhance a player's game experience without changing game balance.

Cryptic Points are:

* Universally accepted across all Cryptic games.
* Stored with a player’s Cryptic account, and never expire.
All this is stated on the cryptic point page here http://www.startrekonline.com/cryptic_points

I cannot see from this why you would think points wouldnt be deducted from your ACCOUNT balance because you bought something in a Cryptic game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Addendum from the Champions pages to add further clarification

http://www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix
Quote:
Gold members receive a monthly stipend of 400 points to supplement their gameplay.

note: Cryptic points granted by stipend can only be used in Champions online
That part is in the little question mark next to Stipend