Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
08-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter.Slade View Post
gg simple as that
gg is not having 4 scambe 2's
gg is not using pengs
gg is not using mines when FAW is frowned on
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
08-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemand82 View Post
Control FAW with only a number of ships having it pehaps yes.

And the ppl who want SS 3 is FSers and we all know their space tactics :p
Where did we say we want SS3? Do you have any evidence we use SS3?

Sorry, Tide, I know you are just kidding around but what exactly are our tactics that make us different from the rest of the "real spacers"? What is it that we do, that no one else does, that make us not worthy of respect?

Could it be that it's just the fact that many think of us as just a "lolground" fleet? And when we win in space, well, then we must be cheating, abusing the system or breaking some sort of spacer code of honor? Ridiculous. And, quite frankly, I'm tired of coming to these forums to defend our Fleet for being good, whether it's space or ground. I'm sorry that no other fleet is competitive and enjoy both PvP aspects of a game. You guys choose to play half the game... fine. We are competitive at both. No other Fleet can say that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43 -.-
08-24-2011, 01:34 PM
really did i?
i wasn't even in that game you're talking about....but well be proud of it...that's my suggestion:p
anyways..should get back to topic

@furQQ...i will name my next sci char: Cutter Le Cheese

btw mr.tide...i'm playing dabo...because i have manipulated the dabo table :p
and you...doing RP atm?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
The last 2 were run by QEW, and EVERYONE enjoyed them. The extend fiasco was 3 tournaments ago, the restrictions were a little too tight on that one, but to be fair, it was the first one and we all learned from it, just like we have learned from ours. The fourth one run by RisaRadio will be even better.
One thing to keep in mind: The last 2 events were pug events. True premades might find a "hole" in your rules that you have not thought about yet (or, like massive SS1+2 usage or Marauder/Varanus spam, don't consider problematic enough to ban preemptively).

Nobody was complaining about extends or warning of their possible OPness in the tournament before the tsi funday. Even when TSI had posted their DSSV+fleet escort team setup - which made an extend strategy obvious to everyone with a remote knowledge of TSI's playstyle - nobody said a thing.

Point being: You cannot anticipate everything.


And now for an anecdote: I think it was during the last KT end of season event that a federation Wizards team fought FS. One match with massive scrambling from FS, the second one without scrambles, but with lots of CPB. The CPB one wasn't easier, but much more enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
08-24-2011, 01:42 PM
That is true Hil, and we think it might be a problem. This is why we have posts in the Klingon fleetyards to get the consoles placed back into the ships and make the special abilities optional. I really hope they do change it. Otherwise if we dont use the abilities we are running fed clones minus one console (and in the varanus' sake, less shields as well), which is cringeworthy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46 -.-
08-24-2011, 01:42 PM
i remember that game...it was indeed fun
and you guys did as always a good job by adapting to our strategy and countered it.. simply by using skill!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
08-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Point being: You cannot anticipate everything.
Good point, which is why the feedback threads are important, to make the next one better, theres no way at all this was going to be perfect the first time around.

Its getting there though, the more that we all take part in the better they get.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
08-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
And now for an anecdote: I think it was during the last KT end of season event that a federation Wizards team fought FS. One match with massive scrambling from FS, the second one without scrambles, but with lots of CPB. The CPB one wasn't easier, but much more enjoyable.
You want to know what's funny? Back when we started getting serious about space... our original attempt at building a real space team... guess who we looked to for inspiration?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
08-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Im sorry, but the above post is complete BS.

First off, on the argument that the rules are to follow our needs/tactics - TSI and Qew run very opposite ideal setups. Feds vs Klings, Heavy Heals vs Light Heals, Consistant damage vs Burst damage, Damage Cruisers vs Full Aux cruisers. Very different playstyles yet you have a baseless claim saying this caters to both of our tactics.

.
You read the whole Post or just that about the rules?
Its a common psychological aspect that Teams tend to create rules to their advantage, also its common psychological aspect that everybody tend to avoid things they cant handle or hate.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post

Our team would rather have things like mines (more cover for our cloaked ships, our full aux healers can clear them + forces enemy damage cruisers to clear instead of shooting our ships) and SS III (Klings have a carrier with a near useless sci commander with SSIII as the only viable ability, as they all require positioning/arcs - also our cloaked ships will not be hit by SS, plus Birds can have sci teams easier than fed escorts in order to clear).

Unfortunately it is really really annoying for fed teams, and I can see it on those rare days we hop on feds.

The second point is that, if these cheese skills were allowed, Qew and TSI would start to use them as well and be even better than we are now.
TSI is the Top Team right now, i guess maybe, but QEW is in my opinion far away from that, to be pro or a good pvp player or competive player the attitude flames are not suited to this class of players.
QEW is good, but i guess many Players are in this game even as a Team, we dont have a Ranking system and when its come to winning, i just won 2 times against TSI and that wasnt there A setup, i lost just 2 Games against QEW, and won far more then that one even with pugs but i guess that time it wasnt your A setup aswell. Winning or Loosing doesn't matter in this Game, the PVP is not decent balanced or adjusted to really see who has skills and who dont has it. Also we dont have any Judge or competive Person who rates Fleets or not. In my Opinion we have good Players out there in unnamed Fleets, we have Guys who act like wannabes because they are midhigh in their skills, and other who are cool and nice even without as good as others.

Your argument isnt an argument, cause you tend to rate yourself and TSI higher as human skillwise player then other human skillwise players, that dont work when you are true to yourself. Never underestimate your friends or enemys. Never see yourself through glasses, try to be true. Try to be cool, try to be nice and helpfull that where the best guys i met from the competetive scene in WOW, HON and other games who made their money with playing games, and i learned alot from their attitude and behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Third, other competitive multiplayer games do restrict cheese. Servers will make competitive rules, such as limiting the # of certain classes, adding weapon restrictions, etc. Cryptic is not Blizzard when it comes to trying to balance the game. In fact, I dont think Cryptic gives PvP a look when they come up with their latest additions, and after a year we realized that (hence OPVP tournament rules).

The fact is, scramble sensors is not fun. FAW is broken and is not fun. Mines without FAW is not fun. They also take no skill to use and have no viable counters.

In the end, the dominant teams are still going to win. It will just be a lot less fun for the loser, and probably the winner as well.
SS is not Fun, but in every fight i fighted QEW there was atleast 2 ss1 or ss2 involved, a massive spam of minions, scorpions and mines. But i dont complain over that, i just say the hardcounter to it is FAW and SS3(mostly SS3 against the Minions). Mines can slow down hit and run tactic, like EWP.

Heal can be countered by disables of SNB, SHOCKWAVE and other skills. We dont have real broken skills in this game even when you try to say iam garbage or my posts, the true stay the true. I dont care which Ego is bigger or better, i dont care if you are better or who you are, i just play this game. Learn and try to improve. the only thing that matters is fun. In this game we will never have real competive games where we can win money around 40.000 dollar as team or more. And so its not important who is the best fleet or team, its just important how you behave, which attitude you gave, how you talk with other friends or enemys. So to take something personally even when its not directed to you is something you should think about. If the cap fits, wear it is an sentence from your native language, we have another its like the buddhism sentence: Everyone wears the shoe that fits him.
Its also Psychological

So be cool goose, we know that both of us are good players, and we know that both of us can improve so do others and will others we dont know right now.
I dont like that its possible with this turney rules to have still massive minions/lagspamm and the only counter to it is EWP right now under those rules.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
08-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
Where did we say we want SS3? Do you have any evidence we use SS3?

Sorry, Tide, I know you are just kidding around but what exactly are our tactics that make us different from the rest of the "real spacers"? What is it that we do, that no one else does, that make us not worthy of respect?

Could it be that it's just the fact that many think of us as just a "lolground" fleet? And when we win in space, well, then we must be cheating, abusing the system or breaking some sort of spacer code of honor? Ridiculous. And, quite frankly, I'm tired of coming to these forums to defend our Fleet for being good, whether it's space or ground. I'm sorry that no other fleet is competitive and enjoy both PvP aspects of a game. You guys choose to play half the game... fine. We are competitive at both. No other Fleet can say that.
Guapos. Elkantar and Cutter think Opvp Rules are BS thats the SS3 likers

And I give you credits for being a good space pvp fleet, but the stuff ppl say in opvp about you is not nice, you are known as a cheese fleet. I dont really like that ppl call you that imo you dont really thing you need all that cheese / Spam without you willl stil be a good space pvp fleet

And Im not saying lol ground anymore you guys rock on ground I have 4 ground toons now and love to team up with you on ground you learned me alot and im glad for that. And I hope I could learn you to be a community respected Space fleet too
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM.