Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Whats just wrong with all of you???
I wanted to know, why you rule givers think SS 1/2 is ok while SS 3 isnt.
Tide was the only one giving some arguments about that.
Thanks for killing the threads purpose with your stupid flame wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
You cannot anticipate everything.
Everybody can anticipate SS 1/2 spam being more than just a pain in the ***.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
08-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
I asked for specifics. All I got from your sources and beagles is general cheese/spam QewQew... it's something I would expect more from some random pug who has no understanding of the game.

So, I am unconvinced and stand by my assertion that OrgQQ's hate all stems from getting pwned on ground over and over... so much so that they became spacers to hide from us. Then they see us in space and it all comes flooding back like PTSD. That's my working theory, anyway.
They are saying SS3 is fine that should be enough right. I know that FS space and ground team are kinda the same with a few exception but imo you ground team fight very fair like not using the breen grenades, think the space team could learn from that.

And I have no problem saying that FS is by far the best ground pvp fleet in STO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
08-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioking78 View Post
Ya, broken extend thing, so pls tell us what the hell is z talking about.
As far as I know Zorena is not implying that there is an actual bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
there is something wrong with (extend shields + tactical team) because they have like permanent rsp
I think in this case "something wrong" refers to a stupid game mechanic, not a bugged one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
08-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Well i said allready ss1 and ss2 can be broken to, specced ss2 is broken like ss3 when you suggest that change target etc is broken.

And even on SS1 sometimes your target switch. The real Question should be, is that target change an mod or an bug.

To the evasive thing i cant tell anything cause it never affected me right now and i didnt test it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
I wanted to know, why you rule givers think SS 1/2 is ok while SS 3 isnt.
Tide was the only one giving some arguments about that.
That's not true. Some people have indicated that they think the reason for the exclusion of SS3 (but not SS1/2) is that it benefits a certain playstyle of a certain fleet. [I'm not going to comment on that.]

If you are only interested in the reasoning of the rulemakers for this rule, a private message to Kharn and Zorena probably would have been a better choice than a new thread on the forums. A public thread was an invitation for speculation about the "true motives" for this rule.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
08-24-2011, 02:15 PM
yep, i talked with zorena about faw +ss3 removed but not ss1 or ss2 or varanus classed as carrier.

She said: Rules will not be changed, so i said i will not be part of this turney i guess.

Iam not fan of any ss, or minion spam. But iam fan of hardcounters ^^, so when it is said here that iam fan of ss3 its wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
08-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
That's not true. Some people have indicated that they think the reason for the exclusion of SS3 (but not SS1/2) is that it benefits a certain playstyle of a certain fleet. [I'm not going to comment on that.]
This is what is left, when they dont bring real arguments for this distinction.

I want to hear the resons for the rule and let them face the whole community, not only some special persons discussing it; but when even those, who set the rules, prefer bashing with the sistas, I lose my hope that there will be any progress in that.
And even though I like most of them - again: not bringing arguments, lets it look like its just want the want to have.

Edit: There was a time people believed that only SS 3 is borked. People started to skill it and found out, that the other SS are too. Dont be Catholic. Change the rules.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkantar
yep, i talked with zorena about faw +ss3 removed but not ss1 or ss2 or varanus classed as carrier.
She said: Rules will not be changed, so i said i will not be part of this turney i guess.

Iam not fan of any ss, or minion spam. But iam fan of hardcounters ^^, so when it is said here that iam fan of ss3 its wrong.
Varanus classed as carrier that the funniest thing I heard in a long time

Not a fan of spam what you doing in FS then ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemand82 View Post
Guapos. Elkantar and Cutter think Opvp Rules are BS thats the SS3 likers

And I give you credits for being a good space pvp fleet, but the stuff ppl say in opvp about you is not nice, you are known as a cheese fleet. I dont really like that ppl call you that imo you dont really thing you need all that cheese / Spam without you willl stil be a good space pvp fleet

And Im not saying lol ground anymore you guys rock on ground I have 4 ground toons now and love to team up with you on ground you learned me alot and im glad for that. And I hope I could learn you to be a community respected Space fleet too
Hi Tide, and cheers for the props, happy to team up on ground.

But I will clarify, nowhere have I said I like SS3, so please don't misrepresent me. I know for a fact none of our FS premades have used SS3 since the last KT tourney ended in march this year, due to claims that SS3 was "broken" - despite seeing other well known fleets using it still.

However, with thorough testing, I've recently found SS1 and 2 can have the same annoying effects (target switching / evasive misfires) - the extent of this depending on speccing/consoles/aux levels. I find banning SS3 and not other levels inconsistent and hypocritical. If you think scramble is broken, then ban scramble altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Some people have indicated that they think the reason for the exclusion of SS3 (but not SS1/2) is that it benefits a certain playstyle of a certain fleet. [I'm not going to comment on that.]
Yes, exactly. Like the OP, I question why SS3 is singled out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
08-24-2011, 02:55 PM
I think it's picked on because it's duration is perilously close to it's cool down.

Even with the target shenanigans that all scramble is capable of 3 is by far the worst for it, and the most guilty for evasive to not work.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:03 PM.