Lt. Commander
Hey everyone, kinda wanted to take a quick concensus check. On TNG, security officers had changed over to the 'gold' colour unforms, and command was now using red. Now in STO, we have Tac in red, engineers in yellow...

So what do you guys use in your foundry missions? I ask because I'm making a mission where after a space battle, there are boarding parties onboard your ship. So i'm making custom costumes as there are friendly security officers on the map....and i came to the realization i'm unsure what colour to make their uniforms...

So thought I'd post here see what you guys all think. I know i could just not use custom costumes, but i'm big on making things 'look right'. and alot of the default spawned uniforms look stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2011, 09:51 PM
most of the security officers I've seen in missions wear red, just like the security teams in game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2011, 07:50 AM
I just use all colors as necessary to denote the character's profession. A security team is going to need combat medics and engineers as well as tactical officers. I suppose if you had to go with a single color, red for tactical would be the best.

Actually, the reality for me is I'm always hitting the costume limit, so I often use the armored NPCs to denote security officers. Since they have no visible rank and the armor can really be worn by any class, they are convenient to use as generic officers without having to repeat them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-03-2011, 10:34 AM
thanks for your input guys
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Actually, the reality for me is I'm always hitting the costume limit, so I often use the armored NPCs to denote security officers. Since they have no visible rank and the armor can really be worn by any class, they are convenient to use as generic officers without having to repeat them.
Great idea; this always bothered me, too.