Lt. Commander
Now and again, this thread or something similar pops up, but nothing much comes from it,

but, could this be different?

Seems to have some heavy weight behind it

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a...the-works.html
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2011, 02:15 PM
So long as it's not based on JJ's Derp Trek, I'm all for it. I'm eager to see what becomes of this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2011, 02:20 PM
I du no. Sounds Ike the proverbial "gritty" remake that Hollywood keeps pushing on us, but no one watches. We'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Looks like it has promise. Hopefully it will go somewhere.

I think ANY Trek is better than none at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote from the article-

Foster teased the theme for the prospective series, declaring: "If evil wore the face of a hero, would you recognise it? If freedom came in the likeness of your oppressors, would you accept it? If you were your own enemy, who would be victorious?"

i have no idea what any of that means and neither will the studio. the important questions is are the 'splosions and hot green women?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-24-2011, 02:55 PM
That propossal thingy about evil wearing the face of a hero makes me think of the Mirror Universe.

Also I would much rather see a TAS resurrection than another live action show.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
That propossal thingy about evil wearing the face of a hero makes me think of the Mirror Universe.
Yeah, it does. Nice way to get around the "prime" timeline dilemma and JJverse controversies.

---------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
So long as it's not based on JJ's Derp Trek, I'm all for it. I'm eager to see what becomes of this.
Making the fanchise successful again > years of Voyager, Insurrection, Nemesis and Enterprise driving it into the ground....

...yeah
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-24-2011, 04:40 PM
I wonder if they are going down the BSG or SGU style

The whole gritty 'were all fraked' kind of series.

Not that I would mind it, id just be happy with new trek on the tv, only so much re-runs on Sky One I can handle!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphs View Post
I wonder if they are going down the BSG or SGU style

The whole gritty 'were all fraked' kind of series.

Not that I would mind it, id just be happy with new trek on the tv, only so much re-runs on Sky One I can handle!!!!
I couldn't stand 3 seconds of either show, so I hope not.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-24-2011, 05:48 PM
If you read te article - they're developing another 'pitch' to present to CBS. My guess? CBS will say "No." (and it will have nothing to do with the quality of said pitch, good or bad.) Why? because while they are seperate from Paramount in many areas, they don't want to sabotage Paramount's JJ-Verse Star Trek film series.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of 'Star Trek' series 'pitches' for many years to come (hell, JMS of Babylon 5 fame - pitched a Star Trek series idea to CBS.); but until the current Star Trek movie series has run it's course (there is definitely at least one more film definitely going to be made; and the cast has signed a 3 film deal, andn if the box office is good, we could continue to get films after that); CBS isn't going to okay another 'Star Trek' TV series. CBS is making plenty of money of licensing the 720 or so hours of Star trek TV into syndication packages; as well as stuff like this game (STO), with little to no outlay from themselves.

Hell, one of the main reasons "Rnterprise" got cancelled with no new series to replace it was because CBS felt with 720+ hours, it had enough of Star trek to re-market, and their wasn't enouogh audience interest to make the outlay worth it.

The fil,m return to a new take on TOS re-kindled enough interest to get another film made, but if they start saturating the media market with a TV series again, that might change. So, CBS ain't going to p*** in Paramount's pool and risk 'franchise fatigue' again just yet.