Lt. Commander
# 21
08-25-2011, 08:43 AM
I have seen Stargate Universe not that great and there are many reasons why it was CANCELLED after two season. I would prefer dark and gritty like DS9 and a bit like the new Battlestar, I would also avoid the JJ movies and see where it goes. I do have doubts about the sequel because I don't have faith in the screenwriters.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
I have seen Stargate Universe not that great and there are many reasons why it was CANCELLED after one season. I would prefer dark and gritty like DS9 and a bit like the new Battlestar, I would also avoid the JJ movies and see where it goes. I do have doubts about the sequel because I don't have faith in the screenwriters.
Just FYI - SGU got two full seasons before cancellation. (I thought it really moved too slow plot advancement wise when mit started, but it picked up and began to get interesting IMO - I was sorry to see it go.)
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Just FYI - SGU got two full seasons before cancellation. (I thought it really moved too slow plot advancement wise when mit started, but it picked up and began to get interesting IMO - I was sorry to see it go.)
Thanks for that. Must have been thinking about some other crappy Scifi show. I guess I will edit that.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
I have seen Stargate Universe not that great and there are many reasons why it was CANCELLED after one season. I would prefer dark and gritty like DS9 and a bit like the new Battlestar, I would also avoid the JJ movies and see where it goes. I do have doubts about the sequel because I don't have faith in the screenwriters.
as armsman says 2 seasons and the second was really good, in fact verging on being awesome at times. the show just hit its stride and then cancelled.

none of the star trek shows were that great after 2 seasons either, so its shame they did not give it more time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
as armsman says 2 seasons and the second was really good, in fact verging on being awesome at times. the show just hit its stride and then cancelled.

none of the star trek shows were that great after 2 seasons either, so its shame they did not give it more time.
I would say from being a viewer of the Syfy channel that ever since they ended BSG badly and are notroious for making crappy shows. Flash Gordon comes to mind, Caprica was lousy. When a show gets good it usually means they are going to get axed pretty soon. Especially if they are slow with viewers and bad viewership. Plus people I know of want to see another Dune Miniseries and more of a return to Science Fiction channel. (not going to happen)
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-25-2011, 09:08 AM
hopefully this is going to be a post voyager or post nemesis series.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Hopefully if a new series ever happens it'll be post-post-post-post-Nemesis. So many posts and hyphens that it'll even bring in the silly art-rock hipsters.

But seriously, I remember reading somewhere that Roddenberry's notes for what eventually became the totally unwatchable mess that was Andromeda originally called for it to be a post-apocalyptic Trek set after the fall of the Federation. That would be brilliant.

...and if I'm remembering incorrectly, well, they should do it anyway!
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd like to see a bit of a Cleopatra 2525 vibe.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphs View Post
Now and again, this thread or something similar pops up, but nothing much comes from it,

but, could this be different?

Seems to have some heavy weight behind it

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a...the-works.html
No thanks...all we need is Star Trek to turn into some stupid BSG remake / SGU ****

The description sounded horrid.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I know there was some suggestion that it would be post voyager / Ent-E, etc.

But that the federation would be split into two factions which do not get on well. (Different sites had different ideas from terrorism with Omega particles literally splitting the feds in two, a war with whats left of the Romulan empire, or some other sh*te)

The ship would be the enterprise, but is rather run down and an auld rust bucket.

The crew are not your usual band of heroes, but war weary, battle hardened with dubious morality and questionable decisions.

This idea was given some credit and then dismissed last year if memory serves me right.

Wonder if it is the same idea, or something similar, just tweaked and built upon.