Lt. Commander
# 1 Cruiser Ships
08-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Hey all,

As a Engineer and flien in a Cruiser class do I need the abilitys Starship Attack Vectors , Combat Maneuvers and Battle Strategy? I am a bit confussed on if I need them or not.

Thanks for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-25-2011, 11:12 PM
My engineer has all 3 plus being an engineer doesnt mean you have to fly cruisers, just use a ship you feel comfortable using
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Cruiser's (Tactical, Engineer, or Science) can make use of many Tactical BO powers, but usually powers that center on Beam Weapons, such as Beam Overload or Fire at Will, and Torpedo High Yield or Torpedo Spread. Cruisers will get more mileage from the Beam Weapon powers, including the target subsystems.

Tactical Powers are useful but you want to aim for something you can pop during battle often and possibly on short notice. Cruisers usually are Tank/Healer or Tank/Support, so try to aim accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrelson
Hey all,

As a Engineer and flien in a Cruiser class do I need the abilitys Starship Attack Vectors , Combat Maneuvers and Battle Strategy? I am a bit confussed on if I need them or not.

Thanks for any help.
Need no, but they help tremendously since they boost your attack and defense, regardless of your class.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Need no, but they help tremendously since they boost your attack and defense, regardless of your class.
yep, sums it pretty much.