Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Academy Uniform
08-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Slightly pessimistic view here, but, since this is a KDF ONLY C-store Item, something that hasn't been done in... a long time, and the only Uniform ever released for them since launch on the C-store, could someone have simply forgotten to turn them 'on'? I mean unlike say the Borg Intercepts, or the Rhode Island or most other items I can't see Uniforms as having many bug issues outside of clipping so there couldn't be an issue holding them back from their launch window right?

Plus KDF needs more clothing, and its being dangled in front of us. Let us have that carrot on the stick.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-25-2011, 08:30 AM
If we don't see them around noon-pacific time then I'll start to worry. I'm going to purchase mine as soon as it hits the store.

They might delay it until Friday morning along with the Borg Intercepts launch... i'm hoping they don't do that as I probably will be powerless from the hurricane rolling up the US east.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm hoping they don't cause I want to nail them as soon as I can since i will be out of net usage till Irene passes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2011, 10:13 PM
I hate to crush your day guys....but if you check the dev tracker there was a comment about the Klingon uniforms earlier today. It said that the Borg invasion was going to be delayed a couple more days due to some bugs, and they would have to delay the Klingon uniforms as well because they were scheduled for the same patch. I'm sure we'll get them by Monday at the latest.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2011, 03:50 AM
this is a problem . the first real c store item for kdf to were and we cant even get it out. on time. not good.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2011, 04:25 AM
The uniform is not the problem, but patches get linked together, so they cant just add the uniform without adding the borg stuff as well that needs more time bug testing.

perhaps they can untangle them but the easiest thing to do is to just wait a few more days.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2011, 10:00 AM
See, if this was a feddie outfit, it would be released on it's own private patch to get it out for play. Since this is a KDF side item Cryptic figures we can wait another year. :p /sarcasm

Sucks they put it in with the borg patch and it got pushed back.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Since when do patches have anything to do with c-store items? Like past items have been released unrelated to content patches in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Since when do patches have anything to do with c-store items? Like past items have been released unrelated to content patches in the past.
Maybe they don't want to bring the server down (or do a special patch) just to put in one thing for 18% of the population; more efficient to do it all at once probably.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Maybe they don't want to bring the server down (or do a special patch) just to put in one thing for 18% of the population; more efficient to do it all at once probably.
But I clearly remember last year they did c-store updates independent of regular updates. When did that change?

We were even told as much. When people saw a patch coming out and wanting the Nomad skin, we were told that the Nomad skin would be coming in a separate C-Store update, not associated with the content patch. And that they could update the c-store whenever. And players would just DL that update by relogging. And now with the patcher the way it is, I would have thought this would be even easier.

I was gone for awhile so I missed some stuff. But yeah, back in 2010, c-store updates didn't have to be tied into an actual patch.