Lt. Commander
# 11
08-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Wait......our version of diplomacy is called.....Marauding?

No system of honor, it's just being a pirate or a raider? Is that correct or am I completely reading that wrong?
You are reading it correctly, and my Nausicaan pirate could only be happier if I finally score a hot vulcan first officer.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Yes marauding and piracy is very much part of the Orion and Nausicaan way, but they are part of the Klingon Empire.

Actually I don't know what shows and movies that you've been watching.....

Yes there is honor in victory, and serving the Empire, but there is no honor in piracy or other thievery.
There is going to be several other commendations besides MXP and DXP. So you'll have other options. Just that, if I understand correctly, DXP is exclusive to Feds and MXP is exclusive to the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I love how the Klingons complain about their make-believe "honor" and how marauding doesn't fit, but using cloaking devices to outnumber and jump medical transports isn't dishonorable or cowardly, it's just "cunning." Klingons are self-deluding hypocrites.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-26-2011, 03:23 PM
So, will our away teams bring back the heads of commanders and captains that were commanding the ships and colonies they attacked?
Can we mount them as trophies?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Yes there is honor in victory, and serving the Empire, but there is no honor in piracy or other thievery.
Don't confuse klingon honour with human honour. Worf does that. He's a pretty lousy klingon. Marauding is battle, and success in battle is all that matters.
Star Trek DS9
Rules of Engagement

CH'POK: Are you telling us that you live with humans but your heart is Klingon?

WORF: Yes.

CH'POK: But if your heart is Klingon, how could you fire upon your own people?

WORF: They fired the first shot. And when that happened, they became my enemies.

CH'POK: Then why aren't you glad you destroyed that transport? It was filled with your enemies and their children.

WORF: There is nothing honourable about killing those who cannot defend themselves.

CH'POK: Are you telling me that you would never attack a defenceless opponent?

WORF: No, I would not.

CH'POK: Maybe I've been wrong about you. Maybe you aren't really Klingon in your heart. A true Klingon rejoices at the death of his enemies. Old, young, armed, unarmed. All that matters is the victory. Tell me, Worf, did you weep for those children?

WORF: I grieve for them.

CH'POK: Grieve for them? A Klingon doesn't grieve. They died in a glorious battle! They are with the honoured dead in Sto-Vo-Kor! They do not want your grief. You dishonour their memories!
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
There is going to be several other commendations besides MXP and DXP. So you'll have other options. Just that, if I understand correctly, DXP is exclusive to Feds and MXP is exclusive to the KDF.
If that's the case, that there are multiple methods of completing it to meet the various aspects of the Klingon faction then I won't complain. But to just throw The Empire in the same category as Nausicaan pirates or Ferengi raiders who concern themselves about nothing but riches is an insult to the entire faction....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveImperator
I love how the Klingons complain about their make-believe "honor" and how marauding doesn't fit, but using cloaking devices to outnumber and jump medical transports isn't dishonorable or cowardly, it's just "cunning." Klingons are self-deluding hypocrites.
There is no honor in defeating those who are unable to defend themselves as such actions are beneath a true warrior, but that does not make the cloaking device a dishonorable device; in fact it provides a great advantage to a faction that is numerically outnumbered.

You confuse the corruption of dishonorable fools with an entire Empire...
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Don't confuse klingon honour with human honour. Worf does that. He's a pretty lousy klingon. Marauding is battle, and success in battle is all that matters.

**snip**
I remember that episode, but don't forget that Ch'pok was trying to goad Worf into attacking him as a move in the trial to get the Judge to side with him. Ch'pok was dishonoring himself in the first place by knowingly trying to get at Worf for his actions and there is no reason to think that he didn't know what he was doing....

You're correct that a true Klingon wouldn't feel pity for his enemies, but that doesn't mean that they'd kill everything or rob and steal. There is more than just bloodlust in the Klingon heart...
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Yes marauding and piracy is very much part of the Orion and Nausicaan way, but they are part of the Klingon Empire.

Meh, Klingon marauders are canon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:

well, all i can say is : It isn't all about you, man. There are others in the KDF.
I am pretty sure cryptic employees all sat in a room and said "all we need is a system that emcompasses as much of the kdf as we can" and they came up with marauding. I would have said "Subjugating" or however you spell it. Or Acquiring.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Meh, Klingon marauders are canon.
/RP on
Those targs were a useless freighter crew, not true Klingon warriors!
/RP off :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
well, all i can say is : It isn't all about you, man. There are others in the KDF.
I am pretty sure cryptic employees all sat in a room and said "all we need is a system that emcompasses as much of the kdf as we can" and they came up with marauding. I would have said "Subjugating" or however you spell it. Or Acquiring.
As I said above, if there are multiple methods to acquire the said XP then I won't complain; but if there are not and you can only be a pirate or w/e then yes I'm going to complain against further cheapening of the faction...