Lt. Commander
# 41
08-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I'm sure Marine Force Recon would disagree with you, but I do see your point. You could call them "Tactical Expeditions"
I know what you mean, it's just ... I dunno, it sounds so ... Starfleetish
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I know what you mean, it's just ... I dunno, it sounds so ... Starfleetish
I checked a thesaurus how about "patrol" or "mission" or my personal favorite, Safari!!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Actuyll I# won't hold by breathe until Stahls announced more KDF content will arrive some day. I come back through my last gametime card and was strongly disappointed in what bad shape the KDF still is and where the way shall lead (C-Store ships).
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
The other thing to consider is that a lot of Klingon fans project onto the klinks their beliefs, and it's been going around for such a long time that the fanon is that Klingons are these brave samurai-esque warriors that adhere to a universal code of honour and blah blah blah- they totally don't.

While they might have been modeled off of the Samurai, the Klingons are nothing of the sort. Honour is really a misnomer in this situation- I think a better term would be... oh... Glory.

Seriously, go and substitute every use of the word 'honor' with 'glory' in Klingon dialogue.

the picture it paints is not a very nice one, which is part of the reason why the word 'honor' is used. Honour sounds so much more... noble.

EDIT: If 98% of klingons are 'corrupted' um... well there's a thing called majority rules. If 98% of klingons believe honor works that way, then by all accounts, that's how it works.

Glory... less so.
We've seen so many Starfllet Captains and Federation scientists craving absolute power, designing apocalyptic devices and going mad you'd think it's a standard prerequisite to be mentally unstable to work for the Federation.
Yet the usual approach to such matters is to think they are the negative exception to the good examples we see.

With non-Federation examples the approach is totally reversed.
We see a bunch of Klingons/Romulans/Cardassians craving for power, bullying civilians and there are people coming up with something like "the good examples are the exceptions, 98% are corrupt".

This is stereotyping based on a criterium I will not spell out openly because it disgusts me.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-28-2011, 06:27 AM
If we have prisoners, will we be able to see them in our Brigs?
Seems like a waste to have a detention center on every ship without people to lock up and feed rotten Targ meat.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-28-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm so ready for this system to get into game. Anyone know what the projected launch date is?
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
I'm so ready for this system to get into game. Anyone know what the projected launch date is?
Along with the duty officer system. So as per the Duty Officer 101 thread (which I update the first set of explanatory posts):

Closed Internal Beta - Early September
Tribble - Late September or Early October
Holodeck - October 20, 2011
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Along with the duty officer system. So as per the Duty Officer 101 thread (which I update the first set of explanatory posts):

Closed Internal Beta - Early September
Tribble - Late September or Early October
Holodeck - October 20, 2011
Will the title or status for Marauding be based off of our past combat or are we going to have to start all over with it's release. I remember when diplomacy came out on the FeD side that the system was implemented in such a way that we had to start from scratch on our fed toons with nothing we had done previously going to the reward. What exactly would or must we do to earn Marauding points?....AND... will we have to start from scratch on this system, or will it be issued like those accolades (you know when the accolade system came out) retro-actively....?

I doubt seriously that many people will be happy having to grind yet even more on KDF toons that take already so much grinding to get to LTG....
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Will the title or status for Marauding be based off of our past combat or are we going to have to start all over with it's release. I remember when diplomacy came out on the FeD side that the system was implemented in such a way that we had to start from scratch on our fed toons with nothing we had done previously going to the reward. What exactly would or must we do to earn Marauding points?....AND... will we have to start from scratch on this system, or will it be issued like those accolades (you know when the accolade system came out) retro-actively....?

I doubt seriously that many people will be happy having to grind yet even more on KDF toons that take already so much grinding to get to LTG....
In all reasonableness, why *should* any players not have to start from scratch for a new system? If you were handed the max rank from Day 1 then that defeats most of the point of adding new content in the first place. Feds should have to go from nothing to Ambassador just as Klingons should have to go from nothing to <top Marauder tier>. For those players who haven't hit max rank yet -- congrats, you now have a new method of getting skill points AND commendation points simultaneously. For those who already maxed out, now you have something new to do as well.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Marauding xp is based primarily on duty officer assignments, so there's no relationship at the moment between anything you could have done prior to that system coming up.

We are exploring giving Marauding xp (and other forms of commendation xp) through other parts of the game, including missions, but that footprint will probably be very minimal at launch of this system.