Lt. Commander
# 51
08-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Marauding xp is based primarily on duty officer assignments, so there's no relationship at the moment between anything you could have done prior to that system coming up.

We are exploring giving Marauding xp (and other forms of commendation xp) through other parts of the game, including missions, but that footprint will probably be very minimal at launch of this system.
Again, this may be way down the road, and iy might have been asked before - BUT, has there been any though giiven to trying the occassion standard mission opportunity into the Doff system (Ie On a critical failure - you get offered a mission dialogue which start with one of the Doffs you sent sending a distress call/informing you they've been captured, etc. and requesting you divert to system X in Sector Y - and when you go there you start a more typical type of STO mission with space/ground objectives related to rescuing/freeing you Doffs?

Or occassionally have it turn intop a Diplomacy Syetem FC mission, where you need toi go talk to representatives - and depending on how well you do, it also determinesd the final outcome on the attached Doff assignment (IE Doffs killed, killed, returned, etc.)

In other words, not only adding Doff side assignmenst in some actual mission content; but also allowing Doff assignments themselves to occassionally lead to actual map mission content as well?
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
...We are exploring giving Marauding xp (and other forms of commendation xp) through other parts of the game, including missions, but that footprint will probably be very minimal at launch of this system.
It would be nice if the Pi Canis Raids granted Marauding XP (Similar to how the Feds can play Rescue Deferi Captives (Daily) for Diplo XP). Perhaps just add it to the Path of the Warrior wrapper mission?
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Marauding xp is based primarily on duty officer assignments, so there's no relationship at the moment between anything you could have done prior to that system coming up.

We are exploring giving Marauding xp (and other forms of commendation xp) through other parts of the game, including missions, but that footprint will probably be very minimal at launch of this system.
Well, it seems that I shall have to grind incessantly on my KDF toons to get to the point in KDF diplomacy that I am on my Federation toons... it seems to me there ought to be MORE than 1 option, and not having thought of it until now is something that I know I don't like, and I am afraid in having spoken with many people about it this morning, they aren't happy with it either. Oh well, another reason not to play on all my KDF toons, grinding is a bit more difficult there.....that is unless you place a value on some or a certain mission or missions on the KDF side with Marauding points at launch...that could perhaps brighten this news.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Well, it seems that I shall have to grind incessantly on my KDF toons to get to the point in KDF diplomacy that I am on my Federation toons... it seems to me there ought to be MORE than 1 option, and not having thought of it until now is something that I know I don't like, and I am afraid in having spoken with many people about it this morning, they aren't happy with it either. Oh well, another reason not to play on all my KDF toons, grinding is a bit more difficult there.....that is unless you place a value on some or a certain mission or missions on the KDF side with Marauding points at launch...that could perhaps brighten this news.
How about a temporary XP boost for the faction for a week or two after release to help us catch up and not burden the faction with more grinding?
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:

how about accolades? examin the ferengi's stash get 1 espionage xp, kill 1000 feds get 25 marauding xp...
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:

Marauding should be special, like Diplomacy. you should get marauding XP for certain types of exploration missions, and a contact should give you special, Marauding only missions, just as the FDC gives First Contact missions. Maybe we should get First Contact missions too, except ours is "Hi we're here to take over".
Lt. Commander
# 57 Talk about tangent
08-29-2011, 04:31 PM
I asked a simple question and got back a book of replies mostly not related.
So, after you are all done patting yourselves on the back, I will use the
Bataleth that Worf signed and put it to good use on my computer.
For the people that have a life in the real world and play on occasion,
some of you should really get out more...

So, back to square one. What am I missing in the mission?

- Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_cawley View Post
I asked a simple question and got back a book of replies mostly not related.

So, back to square one. What am I missing in the mission?
Marauding will be the analog for the Federation Diplomacy system. It is still under development.

When the system comes online when the duty officer comes online later this year, once you rank up in it you will be able to enter into the Federation core sectors in the same way that those who have ranked up Diplomacy on the Federation side may enter KDF core sectors.
Lt. Commander
# 59
08-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
Marauding should be special, like Diplomacy.
God I hope not. Currently Diplomacy isn't very special at all. Launching a new game mechanic as incomplete as diplomacy was launched ... that's a bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Marauding will be the analog for the Federation Diplomacy system. It is still under development.

When the system comes online when the duty officer comes online later this year, once you rank up in it you will be able to enter into the Federation core sectors in the same way that those who have ranked up Diplomacy on the Federation side may enter KDF core sectors.
Something to keep in mind, but, the diplomacy system is really a terrible and boring grind, with only a select few missions that actually feel diplomatic.

Please try to avoid that mistake with Marauding.