Lt. Commander
# 71
08-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
And it's all been downhill from there. Sure, we got a little bit of that old school Klingon from Gowron and the Duras but the magic just isn't there.
yup...all the magic is gone... ;(
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-30-2011, 11:27 AM
It seems to me that Worf is nothing than a product of this upbringing. Being raised by humans, what can you really expect? I mean, he had problems with just about every "real" Klingon he met.
He screams, "Honor, Honor, Honro!!!"
While every other Klingon in the galaxy is screaming, "Victory, Victory, Victory!!!"
I think the whole Klingon-Fed alliance in the DS9 series was also out of convenience to face a common foe. War between the two factions inevitable.

Now I guess the question is do we want a Worf style system or do we want a true Klingon Marauder system based on the species that brought us the Bat'leth, Dak'tang, BoP, and cloaking device!

Oh Yeah, sign me up for some of that!!!
Lt. Commander
# 73
09-02-2011, 03:10 AM
I always like to think of Kilngons as Mongols, Genghis Khan was after all quite an honourable man from all accounts,
Lt. Commander
# 74
09-02-2011, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
And it's all been downhill from there. Sure, we got a little bit of that old school Klingon from Gowron and the Duras but the magic just isn't there.
I wouldn't quite call Duras an old school Klingon, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 75
09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
calling any Klingon old school is just silly, they are just characters in a show, designed to move a plot in whatever way the writers wanted them to go.

Trying to say you personally are the judge of what a fictional race of space aliens with bad hair, metal clothes and lumpy foreheads considers honorable or not is as silly as arguing about what a unicorn's favorite color is.
Lt. Commander
# 76
09-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleto_Deadman
It seems to me that Worf is nothing than a product of this upbringing. Being raised by humans, what can you really expect? I mean, he had problems with just about every "real" Klingon he met.
While every other Klingon in the galaxy is screaming, "Victory, Victory, Victory!!!"
I think the whole Klingon-Fed alliance in the DS9 series was also out of convenience to face a common foe. War between the two factions inevitable.

Now I guess the question is do we want a Worf style system or do we want a true Klingon Marauder system based on the species that brought us the Bat'leth, Dak'tang, BoP, and cloaking device!

As a big Orion fan-gril, I would rather have the marauder system. Orions are pirates, smugglers, and slavers, not honourable warriors.Let the Klingons have their honour and victory, Jes just wants her money and swag... and perhaps a night carousing in some bar. :p
Lt. Commander
# 77
09-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Marauding comes out with the duty officer system, and at launch will exist almost completely within the assignment system. As we build new content we will be integrating all of the commendation categories including Marauding into said new content.
Could you also integrate the System to the existing Content? I know it would be a lot of Work to upgrade every Exploration Mission in for the KDF. but you did it before, when you introduced the Diplomatic System.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 78
09-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Blackman
Could you also integrate the System to the existing Content? I know it would be a lot of Work to upgrade every Exploration Mission in for the KDF. but you did it before, when you introduced the Diplomatic System.

Thank you.
I agree, getting marauder xp (mxp) for doing certain explore missions would be nice. Even more so if we got some maruader-style explore missions.
Lt. Commander
# 79
09-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleto_Deadman

Well thats kind of logical: Worf learned everything about the "Klingon way" in theory, from Books ect.
So he grew up believing "all Klingons live like that and believe in that".

For most other Klingons all of that are just phrases wich gives them reasons to randomly start a fight, they dont really care about what Khaless said.....
Kind of like Religion works in reality; in theorie the Bible it about alturism and brotherly love, practicly that book alone is responsible for more dead, hatret and war then anything else....
Lt. Commander
# 80
09-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
calling any Klingon old school is just silly, they are just characters in a show, designed to move a plot in whatever way the writers wanted them to go.

Trying to say you personally are the judge of what a fictional race of space aliens with bad hair, metal clothes and lumpy foreheads considers honorable or not is as silly as arguing about what a unicorn's favorite color is.
Favorite color of a unicorn? There's three, blue, yellow and green! Ha!