Lt. Commander
Is there a chance we will ever see any of the JJ ships introduced? I love the look of the ships from the latest iteration of Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2011, 08:14 AM
unlikely seeing those are Paramount and not CBS, believe there is a dev quote or two on those, but unlike some I am not good at keeping track where

And I am glad for I think the new star trek should burn in hell, but that is just my opinion
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2011, 08:24 AM
There's a chance. There's always a chance. Dev commentary has been that currently they are not able to do this. But it involves CBS and Paramount coming to an agreement. So there isn't much DStahl and company can do other than continue to relay the feedback that some fans are really interested in it. And then the bigger companies can go from there.

CBS and Paramount have worked together on things in the past. This isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Just have to have some of those suits find the motivation to make it happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2011, 08:27 AM
I hope not. No Derp Trek ships please.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Please God no! STO already tries to fry my GPU without adding the stress of all the lens flare generators needed for the JJprise.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
I hope not. No Derp Trek ships please.
Why not? I mean they would REALLY make a good targert practise, youd even ENJOY to see that piece of s*** blowing up^^

This ships arent even from this universe so what place do they have in STO?
Also, they are supposed to be as old as the TOS connie.... well Ent. there IS supposed to be a TOS connie. So it wouldnt be more then a starter ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2011, 08:47 AM
I like the USS Kelvin. What's wrong with the Kelvin?
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
This ships arent even from this universe so what place do they have in STO?
The Kelvin is from the Prime timeline. As is Nero's ship. And Spock's shuttle. The Red Matter Capacitor already exists in this game too.

That being said, the Galaxy X Dreadnought is a ship in this game that comes from an alternate timeline.

So there's precedent in-game for this to happen.

The only issue is of course, this goes beyond CBS. And involves Paramount. It's a business decision, which Cryptic has no control over. But if they ever got the OK, there's more than enough wiggle room to make it happen in the context of the game's story.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2011, 09:12 AM
I would say it is unlikely due to licensing issues.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
That being said, the Galaxy X Dreadnought is a ship in this game that comes from an alternate timeline.
I am unfamiliar with the Galaxy-X's history in canon timeline so tell me, this Alternate Timeline where the concept originated, was there cross directional cultural contamination or was it single direction contamination like Nero/Spock entering the Abrams verse and never making it back?