Lt. Commander
# 11
08-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
I am unfamiliar with the Galaxy-X's history in canon timeline so tell me, this Alternate Timeline where the concept originated, was there cross directional cultural contamination or was it single direction contamination like Nero/Spock entering the Abrams verse and never making it back?
It's the last episode of TNG. It's got three divergent timelines initially (and then at the end many). One in the past (the show takes us back to Encounter at Farpoint) ... One in the present (the very end of our journey with Picard and crew) ... and one in the future (where we meet the "All Good Things" uniforms, the Olympic class medical ship, the first design for what becomes the Neg'Var and ... the Enterprise that Riker is commanding which is the Galaxy-X).
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
It's the last episode of TNG. It's got three divergent timelines initially (and then at the end many). One in the past (the show takes us back to Encounter at Farpoint) ... One in the present (the very end of our journey with Picard and crew) ... and one in the future (where we meet the "All Good Things" uniforms, the Olympic class medical ship, the first design for what becomes the Neg'Var and ... the Enterprise that Riker is commanding which is the Galaxy-X).
So there was cross directional cultural contamination? People witnessed the Galaxy-X and then returned to the 'present' timeline?
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
So there was cross directional cultural contamination? People witnessed the Galaxy-X and then returned to the 'present' timeline?
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/All_Goo...s..._(episode))

You may want to watch it instead of reading about it to understand what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Picard saw the ship.
Beyond "I saw a different Enterprise, it had three nacelles and a big gun", there is no evidence he brought any information about that ship back.
And then there is no evidence he ever reported anything of what he saw to Starfleet.
Judging from the dialogue he might have just told his shipmates.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
out of all the ships that one has no business here at all.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
The JJPrise is in STO - as a battered wreck. A truly fitting view for that ship.

The only way the JJPrise could appear in STO was if the missions involved other universe and the JJStituion class was a big part of the mission's story.
Maybe as target practice for the Klingon side and as a ship you don't have to rescue, only see be destroyed brutally on the Federation side.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/All_Goo...s..._(episode))

You may want to watch it instead of reading about it to understand what happens.
Ah thank you, I remember the episode now. Sub space anomaly growing backwards in time caused, in part, by the same experimental scanning method used in the exact same place in three different time periods. Didn't remember being particularly excited or impressed by the Riker mobile... but that's mostly because I always disliked bland Riker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Picard saw the ship.
Beyond "I saw a different Enterprise, it had three nacelles and a big gun", there is no evidence he brought any information about that ship back.
And then there is no evidence he ever reported anything of what he saw to Starfleet.
Judging from the dialogue he might have just told his shipmates.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Limited cultural contamination if that. Well, there's a tidy explanation shot to pieces.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Didn't remember being particularly excited or impressed by the Riker mobile... but that's mostly because I always disliked blond Riker.
Blond? Granted, the hair color was really light, but I'm pretty sure that was silver, not gold...
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
Blond? Granted, the hair color was really light, but I'm pretty sure that was silver, not gold...
Oops, wrong vowel, fixed it up now.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I really hope that they don't put the awful JJPrise in the game. The Kelvin, I could potentially see as a starter ship (and it actually looked halfway decent). With that said, Cryptic has no say in the matter until CBS and Paramount comes to a decision to allow this. Until then, all we can do is ask. Perhaps start a petition. It worked in the early days to save TOS from cancellation twice.