Lt. Commander
# 21
08-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I never understood the Kelvin from an engineering standpoint. It's got the secondary hull with deflector and shuttle bay up top, and that thing at the bottom is supposed to be one huge warp nacelle?
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-26-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't think it would be good for the game.

I mean, just look at the comments above...

Anyone who got it would cry that All other ships had to get nerfed, becasue they blew up all the time.
What they would'n realize is, that it is becasue everyone else, even their team mates, are shooting at it, because they hate it.

On a positive spin: It would get more people (including me) to play PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Galaxy-X was also quite possibly a Q fantasy and perhaps not built at all, something the writers even discussed in commentary. There is no real answer if it was a timeline or just a test by the Q in Picard's mind.

Per the JJ-prise, not only no, but hell no. The movie might be classified as "fun" for non-hard-core Trekkers and Trekkies. But it most certainly is not Trek, keep it out, it's hideous. JJ inspired ships are not appropriate really and I hope Paramount doesn't release them, and I hope CBS would never approve them either. Sorry Abrams fans.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Even if these ships were adding to the c-store or in game, they would have to be low level tier ships.

And personally, I'd rather see higher level tier ships added instead of more ships that have very limited run uses to them.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Whilst I have no problem with the new Trek or the JJPrise, it definately should not appear in the Prime timeline. It just doesn't belong here. We have our Enterprises for this timeline.

As for the Kelvin; Hell no!! Butt ugly ship. (Never liked single nacelles, not to mention it broke Gene's rules for starhip design.)

Let get some better looking ships into the game. As much as I love the game, I think a lot of the Fed ships look quite hideous. You seem to have the right feel for the Klingon ships, but not the Feds. Quite a few of them just seem to blocky and angular. Starfleet was clearly moving towards more streamlined, smoother looking ships.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-26-2011, 06:44 PM
As long as it wasn't a tier 2 ship, I might buy it. I'm sooo terribly tired of the current tier 5 ships.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
Is there a chance we will ever see any of the JJ ships introduced? I love the look of the ships from the latest iteration of Star Trek.
Cryptic doesn't have the rights to use anything that takes place after Nemesis.

And to be honest....I'd rather see STO shutdown then have the abominations from the JJ-Verse
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
so much hate for the JJ-prise *sigh* me, i loved it, and the movie, and i've seen all star trek series and movies, so I know my trek

i'm thinking that much of the hate for the JJ-prise is simply their hate at the movie aimed at anything from it. but maybe that's just me...

seriously though, it's not currently possible till CBS and Paramount come to some sort of agreement. me, I'd love to see in-game. As we've seen, it's one kickass Enterprise Literally with firepower, subjectively with appearance
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
so much hate for the JJ-prise *sigh* me, i loved it, and the movie, and i've seen all star trek series and movies, so I know my trek
A lot of people loved the movie and the ship. You're actually in the majority. There's just a ton of hate for it on these forums, because, well, think about it, most people here hate on anything called "constitution" and totally dig on the Excelsior and what not.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
A lot of people loved the movie and the ship. You're actually in the majority. There's just a ton of hate for it on these forums, because, well, think about it, most people here hate on anything called "constitution" and totally dig on the Excelsior and what not.
i guess i am in the majority... though if i remember correctly, a lot of non-Trekkies liked it, and opinion was mixed between existing Trekkies