Lt. Commander
While fleets and roleplaying groups are demanding STO to progress in their direction non-fleet-players loses more and more game elements to group play. At the moment there is no end-content for non-fleet players. Since private instances are possible no pvp or fleet actions opened for non-fleet players. STFs are naturaly for groups, crafting is really a waste of time since everyone gets better equip on FEs. New content isn`f for endgame or it`s ment to be for groups (STF). Foundry missions are a waste of time, since i can`t progress in game with it.

So: when is new content for non-fleet-players coming, and when a raise in level-cap so there will be point againg doing new missions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-27-2011, 01:29 AM
.... 95% game content is for solo players
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudrash View Post
.... 95% game content is for solo players
This in a nutshell. You don't even need anyone else until you get to the endgame anyway - so really, what's the problem?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-27-2011, 01:43 AM
Sorry, I can't follow. The campaign can be played solo, deep space encounter works with random groups (you even shouldn't have a problem finding an Admiral clearing the path for you) and the exploration stuff is solo, too.
It is absolutely no problem to get to VA without playing in a fleet, after that it doesn't matter much that the foundry missions aren't rewarded with anything.

Of course, I'd alsolike to see more new story-missions and am waiting for the next featured episode. But if STO is well balanced in one thing, I think it's the relation between solo and group play.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-27-2011, 02:04 AM
Yes, the game is entirely a solo player game up till VA. You have no need to team or do anything with another person once. If anything, the lower levels need more teaming so each player will better understand the game and team work. It is an MMO and not a single person game.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Sorry
08-27-2011, 03:41 AM
STO has very little group based items. Group only stuff has been to long in coming. I could live with as many as 7 STF easy
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
until you get to the endgame anyway
Where is the endgame that you speak of?
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
While fleets and roleplaying groups are demanding STO to progress in their direction non-fleet-players loses more and more game elements to group play. At the moment there is no end-content for non-fleet players. Since private instances are possible no pvp or fleet actions opened for non-fleet players. STFs are naturaly for groups, crafting is really a waste of time since everyone gets better equip on FEs. New content isn`f for endgame or it`s ment to be for groups (STF). Foundry missions are a waste of time, since i can`t progress in game with it.

So: when is new content for non-fleet-players coming, and when a raise in level-cap so there will be point againg doing new missions?
No big rush to a level raise, once you cap it you'll be the same situation as you are now. If you're asking about a level raise then you're capped now, so what is stopping you from doing a foundry mission since you don't need to progress?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Actually, I'd like to see a system implemented where if you start a que as a fleet or whatever and don't have enough people to join...that it opens the team up to people just looking for a group to supplement the teams numbers dynamically.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-27-2011, 01:52 PM
I think there is plenty to do for non-fleet or solo/casual players. The only thing that for me I do not like it the inability to do the Special Task Forces. My health doesn't allow me to stay attentive for as long as is needed to be in a team for that long. So.. I have a VA1 that has never once completed any STFs and a new Captain rank that will probably never either.

While I agree, most of this game is suited for solo-players, there still is bias towards teaming. I've almost completely accepted the fact that STFs just "do not exist to me." I'd like to at least see some way to obtain the borg set items without being forced to conform and without being in agony trying to sit though them. I rarely even try and team anymore, who wants to team with someone who has to take breaks every 5-15 minutes.

I did try to solo infected once.. I lasted about a whole 3 minutes until I was killed by the borg cubes and spheres in the beginning and then consequently spawn-killed a couple times until I just closed the game out, waited a bit and re-logged in so It would kick me out of the mission. Fun..