Lt. Commander
# 11
08-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
So: when is new content for non-fleet-players coming, and when a raise in level-cap so there will be point againg doing new missions?
The game does have plans to raise the level cap another 10 levels.

But it's been pointed out at least once or twice (can't remember the links though) that they're not going to put that next level cap bump in until they're ready with a more thorough implementation.

The last time they raised the level cap there was a lot of feedback about it being incomplete and buggy. So they don't want to repeat that mistake.

I'd wager that a level cap raise is not in store in 2011 looking at what they have planned right now. So I'd call it a back burner idea. But one I'm pretty sure they're still committed to doing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
I think there is plenty to do for non-fleet or solo/casual players. The only thing that for me I do not like it the inability to do the Special Task Forces. My health doesn't allow me to stay attentive for as long as is needed to be in a team for that long. So.. I have a VA1 that has never once completed any STFs and a new Captain rank that will probably never either.

While I agree, most of this game is suited for solo-players, there still is bias towards teaming. I've almost completely accepted the fact that STFs just "do not exist to me." I'd like to at least see some way to obtain the borg set items without being forced to conform and without being in agony trying to sit though them. I rarely even try and team anymore, who wants to team with someone who has to take breaks every 5-15 minutes.

I did try to solo infected once.. I lasted about a whole 3 minutes until I was killed by the borg cubes and spheres in the beginning and then consequently spawn-killed a couple times until I just closed the game out, waited a bit and re-logged in so It would kick me out of the mission. Fun..
Send me a tell, I'll try and wrangle up a team to help you do the STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
New content isn`t for endgame or it`s meant to be for groups (STF). Foundry missions are a waste of time, since i can`t progress in game with it.

So: when is new content for non-fleet-players coming, and when a raise in level-cap so there will be point again doing new missions?
I think you may have answered your own question here.

As others have said, most current content in the game is geared toward solo-play - way more content actually that is needed to make Vice Admiral. So if your goal is simply to level, then I'm not sure what your asking for.

However once reaching level cap, isn't it pointless to gain more XP? So in effect, the Foundry becomes perfect for endgame. You can finally just slow down and "smell the roses" so to speak. Take your time to really enjoy all the cool storylines with your VA without having to worry about the "race to the top" anymore (little known fact: many Foundry missions are actually better than the ofifical content )

I think you might just be surpirsed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-27-2011, 06:16 PM
If anything STO needs "more" team content.
And what MMO ever had singleplayer Endgame content? All the best loot and gears in like 99% of MMO's has always been from team instances or raids.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Send me a tell, I'll try and wrangle up a team to help you do the STFs.
Thanks! Zeryn is pretty useless on ground right now. When I respec'd him, I wasn't thinking clearly and spent it all "wong." He can hold his own now in space, he just has nothing really going for him on ground. I shouldn't have deterred from my min-maxing on him. He's out of free respecs and I already bought one c-store respec. Not going to do another, so... maybe when vet rewards come around and he gets another... I may play him again. 30k merits is insanity for me to try and accumulate. Although, I am half-way there.

Maybe when Nyrez is ready for STFs I'll get in contact with you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-28-2011, 02:06 AM
@Rudrash, Joshmaul, McGun, StrykerV, Captain.Hunter

You need to read a post completely before you try to answer it! I clearly said, that there is a lack of end-content for non-fleet (single) players. So where is the point in telling me, that content up to VA is 95% single-player? I agree on this, but that doesn`t change anything on the fact, that there is nothing to do for non-fleet players on max-level. There is still no end-content for non-fleet players.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-28-2011, 02:48 AM
Although this game is more geared towards the solo player, it is called an "MMO." MMO's are generally geared towards group gameplay, hence the term "Massively Multiplayer" the "MM" in MMO. If you want a completely single player experience go play Starfleet Command, if you can find it. It would seem that this genre of game is not your style.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-28-2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
@Rudrash, Joshmaul, McGun, StrykerV, Captain.Hunter

You need to read a post completely before you try to answer it! I clearly said, that there is a lack of end-content for non-fleet (single) players. So where is the point in telling me, that content up to VA is 95% single-player? I agree on this, but that doesn`t change anything on the fact, that there is nothing to do for non-fleet players on max-level. There is still no end-content for non-fleet players.
No end game content or no borg gear for the solo player which are you saying? A single mission stf for borg gear, while may be good for you, many others would consider it boring. If your not willing to learn to work with a team why play an MMO.

Technically you can consider all the missions in Gamma as end game for solo players. Thats where it stops and STF's begin. You can also get the borg console by yourself, and add that to the Aegis set which you can also craft on your own. But to want a free ride because you don't want to put the work into teaming, well I can't support that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-28-2011, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceberg View Post
No end game content or no borg gear for the solo player which are you saying? A single mission stf for borg gear, while may be good for you, many others would consider it boring. If your not willing to learn to work with a team why play an MMO.

Technically you can consider all the missions in Gamma as end game for solo players. Thats where it stops and STF's begin. You can also get the borg console by yourself, and add that to the Aegis set which you can also craft on your own. But to want a free ride because you don't want to put the work into teaming, well I can't support that.
You nailed it. People wanting items they can't get solo. You can ask a fleet to take you through the missions and not actually join them. If my sub was still active I'd find 3 other guys and go rock em out.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-28-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm sure you all have fleets around you and maybe you lost perspective. I don`t say everything needs to be done alone, but something! You can all do your group content, your STF, your PvP - i wish you very much fun with it all. So now, give me some space in this infinite MMO and let the devs give me something i could do. I just like Star Trek, i just like scifi-setting and i just like it to watch other people progress in game and sometimes - just sometimes i like to join a group and do something with them. You really think, there is no place for me in that STO?