Lt. Commander
# 61
08-31-2011, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
You nailed it. People wanting items they can't get solo. You can ask a fleet to take you through the missions and not actually join them. If my sub was still active I'd find 3 other guys and go rock em out.
Seeing how the post he responded to didn't mention gear or items from STF's and didn't imply he wanted equal level gear from solo play, but instead mentioned playable content, I'm going to assume you just misspelled "missed it." "things to do" and unfortunately ommitted, "As an alternative to what you really want to do." Let me fix it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
You missed it. People wanting things to do they can't get solo. As an alternative to what you really want to do, you can ask a fleet to take you through the missions and not actually join them. If my sub was still active I'd find 3 other guys and go rock em out.
There, that's better.
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-31-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
While fleets and roleplaying groups are demanding STO to progress in their direction non-fleet-players loses more and more game elements to group play. At the moment there is no end-content for non-fleet players. Since private instances are possible no pvp or fleet actions opened for non-fleet players. STFs are naturaly for groups, crafting is really a waste of time since everyone gets better equip on FEs. New content isn`f for endgame or it`s ment to be for groups (STF). Foundry missions are a waste of time, since i can`t progress in game with it.

So: when is new content for non-fleet-players coming, and when a raise in level-cap so there will be point againg doing new missions?
I work very early hours myself and so find it very difficult to get a fleet to do things with and I get such a limited amount of time to play during the week that banging my head away at a Foundry mission for little to no reward is not palatable. I'm too capricious to be locked into a set event schedule so in a larger MMO I'd try to find a large fleet of others who matched my schedule so I'd have a semi-reasonable chance of putting together some end group activity like an STF or even PVP match.

However, I've not found an early morning/mid-afternoon active fleet and so my only chance to arrange end game group activities is via general chat and KDFassistance channel pugging. :shrug: This takes time and usually doesn't come together, and for every minute I'm pugging with only the same 5 ways of gaining emblems for new end-game appropriate rewards to pass the time between channel adverts, I feel your pain. To be honest, usually by the time I've done the pi-canis sorties I'm sick of playing the game entirely.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, sort of. They are merging "Emblems" the 'end-game' currency into "dilithium" a general, all around currency that will be obtainable, it seems, from doing any mission in game. So, with the new economy changes, we may be able to run featured episodes or possibly even level alts for an end-game significant reward. It will break up the monotony somewhat between pugs.
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-31-2011, 04:44 AM
OP, you could try adding FED STF, KDF STF, and ClanH channels to get some help completing the STF's and getting your Borg gear. You could also send me a tell @Matael (this goes for anyone as well) and I'd gladly give you a hand on Fed or Klink side. I play usually outside of USA primetime since I work nights. My klink is MG4 right now so I understand the painful Klink grind. I usually just play on my weekends (weds thru fridays).
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-31-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matael
OP, you could try adding FED STF, KDF STF, and ClanH channels to get some help completing the STF's and getting your Borg gear. You could also send me a tell @Matael (this goes for anyone as well) and I'd gladly give you a hand on Fed or Klink side. I play usually outside of USA primetime since I work nights. My klink is MG4 right now so I understand the painful Klink grind. I usually just play on my weekends (weds thru fridays).
As well I understand the KDF grind as I have 3 LTG's...lol. I know people with more though. Anyway, yeah add those channels and ask for help...much easier to find competant groups...most of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 65
08-31-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't know why anyone feels they need a fleet to do endgame content. PUG it.
Lt. Commander
# 66
08-31-2011, 11:50 AM
I play solo and in a fleet. I prefer playing with the fleet for the social aspect. The game is clearly geared towards the solo players (considering half the bugs I see are related to teams being together).

Now if we're specifically talking about the STFs, they will never be solo. Search for comments from Gozer, then build a bridge (make sure to include a helm and tactical station). I personally like the team requirement for STFs. Anyone can also join a pick-up group, so fleets are not a requirement.

As someone mentioned earlier, I would love if there were more STF type missions in lower levels as a team warm-up so we are not dropped on team strategeries at RA.

Yes, there needs to be more content for both solo players and team players, especially at high levels.

And because I wanted to put it somewhere:
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/09/15