Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
08-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Average joe doesnt care about anyone, thats why average joe is in a cruiser with EptS III
And that skill is abused in which way dear Beagles ? I do not see anyone complaining about it... That was a brain fart statement caused by lack of arguments
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
08-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
I dont care about pugs, just like I dont care about 1v1.
Or anybody else or facts or truth.. or anything but your limited point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Deleted misc insults to other paying subscribers you are trying to alienate from the game.
There are a few of us out here who actually care about this game more than your perceived 1337ness. We want to see the PvP community grow and thrive. We want to see the broken fixed and the counters work.

Now, I know some people love their crutches... this much is obvious because of the barrage of SS, SNB and spam we see in PvP nearly every time we enter the game (which is not nearly as often any more).

Furthermore.. arenas are a measure of team skill. What a joke as well. If they ever get off their butt and make good PvP with REAL objectives that force players to split up and take multiple objectives at the same time.. that will be good PvP.

Arenas are a bunch of ships set up to support one another like houses of cards.. get most of those guys away from the group..with little to no support..and just like a house of cards.. splat.

As far as objectives go, Cap and Hold is as close as we have .. and that is a joke. Right now, nobody even cares about the objectives in Cap and Hold, because there is no real reason to.

Good PvP is not a bunch of people circling each other for 40 minutes trying to get 15 kills. It bores me in FPS's and it bores me here. Objectives with tangible reasons to exist and real reasons to fight to get them.. that is fun.

Arenas are like a game of football.. with no ball..and no goal posts.. instead.. 2 teams out there tackling each other for the heck of it. Last tackler wins.

Good PvP is about flying and dynamic situations that cannot be found without these REAL objectives and ships geared out to survive on their own and with a group.

Bring on the meaningful objectives and unbroken abilities.. before I have to hear about how awesome teams are. I highly doubt most of these teams would even show up to a battle where they had to split forces.... they just could not handle it well.

Until then I love reading the "king" flies beating their chest on their horse apple.

Here's hoping that Perfect World drops the hammer on this garbage. Then when fixed we will see these "king" flies buzz off to the next horse apple they find.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
08-31-2011, 10:49 AM
I will not comment QEWs special kind of self-confidence I had to read an hear the last weeks
But what I read here is:
SS 3 allows too many heals and other Sci stuff. No SS allows too many TT, heals and other Sci stuff. "We" found a cool way to play with this SS 1/2 situation. Its doable. You all can do it. Stop complaining.

I would just say again:
We found a cool way to deal with FAW, mines, Pengs... we found a way to play with the no SS situation, even though there are so many heals and TT. Its doable. You all can do it. Stop complaining.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Or anybody else or facts or truth.. or anything but your limited point of view.



There are a few of us out here who actually care about this game more than your perceived 1337ness. We want to see the PvP community grow and thrive. We want to see the broken fixed and the counters work.

Now, I know some people love their crutches... this much is obvious because of the barrage of SS, SNB and spam we see in PvP nearly every time we enter the game (which is not nearly as often any more).

Furthermore.. arenas are a measure of team skill. What a joke as well. If they ever get off their butt and make good PvP with REAL objectives that force players to split up and take multiple objectives at the same time.. that will be good PvP.

Arenas are a bunch of ships set up to support one another like houses of cards.. get most of those guys away from the group..with little to no support..and just like a house of cards.. splat.

As far as objectives go, Cap and Hold is as close as we have .. and that is a joke. Right now, nobody even cares about the objectives in Cap and Hold, because there is no real reason to.

Good PvP is not a bunch of people circling each other for 40 minutes trying to get 15 kills. It bores me in FPS's and it bores me here. Objectives with tangible reasons to exist and real reasons to fight to get them.. that is fun.

Arenas are like a game of football.. with no ball..and no goal posts.. instead.. 2 teams out there tackling each other for the heck of it. Last tackler wins.

Good PvP is about flying and dynamic situations that cannot be found without these REAL objectives and ships geared out to survive on their own and with a group.

Bring on the meaningful objectives and unbroken abilities.. before I have to hear about how awesome teams are. I highly doubt most of these teams would even show up to a battle where they had to split forces.... they just could not handle it well.

Until then I love reading the "king" flies beating their chest on their horse apple.

Here's hoping that Perfect World drops the hammer on this garbage. Then when fixed we will see these "king" flies buzz off to the next horse apple they find.

I am in agreement with you. CnH has denigrated to a big arena where I have seen people from fleets actually collude with each other to make CnH a never ending Pewpew fest. I have fallen victim to a fleet actually sitting cloaked in the middle of the map if my "team" is making too much of effort to cap so that we get killed by the roving "fedball" that has us out numbered 2 v 1 because Fleet A is ****ed we are cutting into their pewpew
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I am in agreement with you. CnH has denigrated to a big arena where I have seen people from fleets actually collude with each other to make CnH a never ending Pewpew fest. I have fallen victim to a fleet actually sitting cloaked in the middle of the map if my "team" is making too much of effort to cap so that we get killed by the roving "fedball" that has us out numbered 2 v 1 because Fleet A is ****ed we are cutting into their pewpew
I dont really care about the objectives in C&H.. The only reason I play this game is for the PvP, running around capping points is *not* PvP in my mind.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
08-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
I dont really care about the objectives in C&H.. The only reason I play this game is for the PvP, running around capping points is *not* PvP in my mind.

That is where you and I disagree. An objective is where strategy really comes out IMHO. There have been some CnH where I have 20 kills and 20 deaths because all I do is zerg in and tie up forces take a few out before I die. Do not get me wrong the battles are awesome but I always feel if you want a big arena you can make custom ones that fit 10 v 10. This is the main reason I was mad when they removed the space assault map it relied on strategy and not roving 10 ship "fedballs" you had 2-3 small groups fighting it out where everyone was more or less on more equal footing. Objective based maps take the monotony of mindless pewpew that arenas have become. Arenas are this come with such and such setup or you are going to lose pug or premade.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
08-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Arenas are this come with such and such setup or you are going to lose pug or premade.
Arenas: The Nascar of STO

Proudly turning left since Beta.

VROOM
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
08-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
That is where you and I disagree. An objective is where strategy really comes out IMHO. There have been some CnH where I have 20 kills and 20 deaths because all I do is zerg in and tie up forces take a few out before I die. Do not get me wrong the battles are awesome but I always feel if you want a big arena you can make custom ones that fit 10 v 10. This is the main reason I was mad when they removed the space assault map it relied on strategy and not roving 10 ship "fedballs" you had 2-3 small groups fighting it out where everyone was more or less on more equal footing. Objective based maps take the monotony of mindless pewpew that arenas have become. Arenas are this come with such and such setup or you are going to lose pug or premade.
The idea behind C&H is sound enough, except for one thing.. There is no hold mechanic.. There is no reason to actually defend it, since it will keep ticking once captured. Thats why you see people run back and forth.. Imo the points should only tick as long as there are player ships within a set distance.. The more ships, the faster count (obviously with some sort of diminishing result)

There isnt any reason to actually "win" it, since the losing team will get their shinies regardless

It doesnt work like this though, so pray tell me.. Why *shouldnt* we make the match interesting ourselves, now the system is so flawed

The entire thing is broken, it always were
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
08-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Proudly turning left since Beta.
Lol, thank you for that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
I'd say for SS 1-2 any sci team can clear the SS effects on yourself for SS 3 sci team 2 or above is needed to clear the effects on yourself (in other words make Sci teams 2 and above immune to retargetting).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 PM.