Lt. Commander
# 1 New look for Galaxy X
08-27-2011, 07:38 PM
This goes out to Cryptic again but I have a new request for the Galaxy X ship.....I know it will go unanswered like the other ones but here we go anyway.....I would like to see if you all can make a new look for the ship so we have options of changing the look a little bit....I think all the other ships have a way of altering the look of the ship so I would like to see the Galaxy X get a few different options. My be making it look like Assault Cruiser with 3 warp engines and a Spiral lance that would I think be a cool alt look for the Dreadnought or something.....anyway just a Idea
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-27-2011, 07:52 PM
It's a specific ship. Therefore, I doubt they will change it at all. Its not something given in game as it is in C-store. They don't make variants of C-store ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2011, 06:36 AM
The Nebula has a variant....just sayin
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-28-2011, 06:49 AM
100% agree.

We should be able to mod it like the normal Galaxy-Class.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-28-2011, 07:12 AM
They changed it cause players would act like they were a regular Galaxy cruiser, the problem with making the gal X look like a gal is where would the cannons and lance fire from?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viewtifulblue View Post
The Nebula has a variant....just sayin
The Nebula is also a pure T3 in-game ship with a T5 retrofit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
It's a specific ship. Therefore, I doubt they will change it at all. Its not something given in game as it is in C-store. They don't make variants of C-store ships.
Yet the only things they have to do is adding a third narcelle and the lance to the Galaxy-R variant and they would have a perfect costume for the Gal-X.
The same goes the other way aroun for the Galaxy X's narcelles which where clearly shown on the Ventrue.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
The Nebula is also a pure T3 in-game ship with a T5 retrofit.
And by contrast, the Excelsior is a pure T5 C-store ship with a T3 throwback. *chuckles*
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
Yet the only things they have to do is adding a third narcelle and the lance to the Galaxy-R variant and they would have a perfect costume for the Gal-X.
The same goes the other way aroun for the Galaxy X's narcelles which where clearly shown on the Ventrue.
Pretty sure the BO layout for the Dreadnought is different then the Gal-R
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Galaxy Dreadnought has a different BOff layout than the Galaxy-R. And the reason why they didn't make a 'different look' for the Galaxy Dreadnought is the plain and simple fact that it was in 'All Good Things' as it's seen now. And the Dreadnought was a Referral ship long before it became a C-Store ship.

The Galaxy Dreadnought isn't going to change. Granted it uses Assault Cruiser Stats. But it's not going to be changed anytime soon. There /was/ a bug at one time when it first came out in the C-Store where you could remove the center pylon to make it look like the Galaxy. But it removed all the other parts to it as well, including the Lance Cannon. Fact of the matter is, the Dreadnought, as it appears now, is canon. It's a like it or not ship. If you don't like it, then don't fly it. It's simple.