Lt. Commander
# 1 Abandon Ship
08-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Is it me or does this power never work? There are times in PvP when I know I'm going to go boom. I wait for my hull to get down to 25%, which is when the power becomes available, I hit the button and nothing happens...well I get explodeded by my opponent. Out of all the powers on my tray this is obviously the least used, which is unfortunate because it is a higher level power. Would anyone else out there like to see an update to this 'ability'?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-20-2011, 01:48 PM
would be good if you could target somebody, then click it and a short countdown stars along with a tractor beam. Would make the power actually useful then. ATM its not even on my bar.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Injuries
08-20-2011, 04:53 PM
The only observation I've made is that if I hit the Abandon Ship command right before "boom", I don't receive a ship injury. I haven't specifically tested this though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trone
The only observation I've made is that if I hit the Abandon Ship command right before "boom", I don't receive a ship injury. I haven't specifically tested this though.
I've also noticed that less of your crew die if you abandon ship versus just exploding.

Of course, as far as powers go, it's useless either way, and now that they've broken ramming speed, we don't even have that.
Lt. Commander
It works fine you catch the ship with a tractor beam and hit the button. If you click go down fighting you will do more dmg. You want to be a about 15% and have no other options. If you wait to long it might not work due to computer lag.

Its a old trick people use to hit ramming speed, crash into the ship, grab it with a tractor, and pop the ship.

Thanks
zevermoon
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I like these ideas. My two EC's would be that there should be a 3 second timer and then the ship explodes. It would be cool to have a 3-2-1 countdown on your screen.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Abandon ship
08-23-2011, 06:15 AM
this is the most useless power there is, I've used it in pve a few times and nothing i can be less than 1km from another ship and does not do anything to their shields but i have been blown up from an exploding ship from more than 2km away and 75% sheilds
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
I've also noticed that less of your crew die if you abandon ship versus just exploding.
Fewer die because they abandoned ship.
Lt. Commander
# 9 In or out!
09-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Either make it powerful enough to destroy ships, cause heavy damage within 3 km with an anti-matter containment release or take it out completely.
Lt. Commander
# 10 In or out!
09-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Either make it powerful enough to destroy ships, cause heavy damage within 3 km with an anti-matter containment release or take it out completely.