Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot see enemy ships
08-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Every time I engage in a dogfight, the enemy ship moves off screen and I cannot see the ship at all. It's hard to engage in a battle when you cannot see what shields you are hitting on your enemy. Is there any way to fix this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlov
Every time I engage in a dogfight, the enemy ship moves off screen and I cannot see the ship at all. It's hard to engage in a battle when you cannot see what shields you are hitting on your enemy. Is there any way to fix this?
Just for clarification: Do they 'physically' move off screen, so the camera is not looking at them? Or do they disappear from your target box, and you cannot see their picture or health % any longer (which is a known bug)?

-BRJ
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Go into the settings and click on the Controls tab (I think that's where it is). Change the camera mode to follow target. Make sure you are in space when you are doing this.

Also you can use the Tab key to automatically select an enemy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-28-2011, 04:43 AM
I just right click and move the camera manually
Lt. Commander
# 5 All Encounters?
08-30-2011, 05:27 AM
Does it happen on all encounters?

I don't know if this is even relevant to your question here, but some enemies do have SCRAMBLE TARGET SENSORS, when they shoot that at you they will be invisible to you, but they can still attack you. The affect usually wears off after a few seconds (15sec I believe).

Other than that, I have not encountered the issue you are describing.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Also pay attention when fighting Kling-ons they have cloaking device and sometime when fighting them they cloak and you loose them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Thanks for all of you responders! I was able to change camera to 'chase' which keeps the target on the forward shield unfortunately. The camera seems to change to 'free' when I maneuver. The best remedy I've found is to 'pan out' the camera which makes the ships smaller, but at least I can see my target.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlov
Thanks for all of you responders! I was able to change camera to 'chase' which keeps the target on the forward shield unfortunately. The camera seems to change to 'free' when I maneuver. The best remedy I've found is to 'pan out' the camera which makes the ships smaller, but at least I can see my target.
What method you use to control your ship? Keyboard or mouse?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Ratlov, I must say that your question is a little unusual. The default way to keep track of your target is to rotate the camera by right clicking with your mouse and dragging the camera view around. It's best to zoom out from your ship enough that you can see the ships around you.

Or am I misunderstanding your issue?