Lt. Commander
# 11
08-31-2011, 08:41 PM
I believe the game is not so dependent on Windows Registry Components, thus I think you can just copy your whole STO directory to another PC.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Too late... read my previous two posts
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Trick with importing problems:
(for sake of the tip example, I am assuming you're starting on the ground when doing this)

The following is taking into account that you went through each mode, saving seperately named keybind files. Three in total, one for each mode and saved while in that mode. If you did not do it this way, the following will not work as intended. This is also taking into account that the three files are in the same directory as the GameClient.exe - if not see below.
  1. Open Options and go to the keybinds screen.
  2. With it in Ground keybinds and selected on RPG ground mode, Press the reset to Default button.
  3. With the window still open and on RPG mode, type:
    /bind_load_file ground_rpg.txt (or whatever you named that mode file)
  4. Change mode to Shooter, Press the reset to Default button.
  5. With the window still open and on Shooter mode, type:
    /bind_load_file ground_shooter.txt (or whatever you named that mode file)
  6. Change keybinds to Space, Press the reset to Default button.
  7. With the window still open and on Space keybinds, type:
    /bind_load_file space.txt (or whatever you named that mode file)
  8. Close the options window and you should be good to go.

If the three files are not in the GameClient.exe location, then you need to put in the full path in the game commands (its just easier to move them to the game location) like so:
/bind_load_file C:\My STO Backups\SomeWierdFolder\Well Hello There\space.txt

You can also save to a specific location, you may have to create the directory(ies) first though:
/bind_save_file C:\My STO Backups\SomeWierdFolder\Well Hello There\space.txt

Furthermore, if you are seeing ("Null") errors when pressing unbound keys, then you need to go into each file and search for:
("Null")
and change each ("Null") to:
(" ")

Be sure to save the file after manually editing and in .txt format, I suggest Notepad or HTML-Kit. Then repeat the steps above to reload the files. You do not need to exit the game while editing files, you just need to reload them after every change. It is recommended that you reset whatever mode you are reloading back to Defaults prior to the load command.

HTML-Kit is free and works great for this for it has a search and replace all feature, with one click.