Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek 2009 Effects
08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section or the question has already been addressed. Anyways, on to the request:

I've noticed that the game has a very extensive list of things you can customize, but what always irked me is the fact that I can't choose to have the modern effects and etc from the 2009 star trek movie, and I'd like to have an option to use them even if I had to buy them from the C-Store.

I'm looking for things like:

1. The more instant warp effect with the really bass-y sound effects.
2. The more projectile based sleek phaser weapons with the really awesome sounds included.
3. The constitution class seen in the movie, along with the armaments, namely with the huge almost wind-blade like nacelles, more machine-gun-like phaser banks, and the bass-y blue torpedos.
4. Maybe the bridge style of the movie's constitution class, with the modern and sleek interior.
5. The various uniforms seen in the movie.

Plus on an unrelated note, more hair and beard styles would also be really great.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-29-2011, 05:10 PM
No, sorry. Any properties from the Paramount/Abrams' Star Trek movie is not in the license that Cryptic can access.

The only thing that might be similar would be the energy cannon weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
No, sorry. Any properties from the Paramount/Abrams' Star Trek movie is not in the license that Cryptic can access.

The only thing that might be similar would be the energy cannon weapons.
and that's a GOOD thing!
the Prime Universe got enough to deal with thx to the Abrams movie (destruction of Romulus, no more Spock etc.)

But i wouldn't mind some lens flare eye candy... maybe not as extreme as in the movie... but i did not hear complaints about them from Mass Effect players ;P
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-30-2011, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
and that's a GOOD thing!
the Prime Universe got enough to deal with thx to the Abrams movie (destruction of Romulus, no more Spock etc.)

But i wouldn't mind some lens flare eye candy... maybe not as extreme as in the movie... but i did not hear complaints about them from Mass Effect players ;P
The Abrams version of starfleet seriously has to invest in some anti-glare coatings for their monitors, or their bridge crews are going to be suffering from major eyestrain.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Th JJ-Verse has no soul, leave that crap in it's own timeline well away from my prime
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-30-2011, 09:02 AM
No thanks, really, no thanks. I like the Constituion class in her non-hot rod glory, no annoying lens flare, no tacky booms that indicate going to warp with a lot of spray as a result, no toothpaste advert bridge and basically no reboot angle at all.

Much prefer the prime time line than the impatient generation time line.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-30-2011, 09:58 AM
STO does have a conspicuous lack of lens flare, however. C'mon, the future's so bright it can't be contained on our screens.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Th JJ-Verse has no soul, leave that crap in it's own timeline well away from my prime
and yet, the alternate reality/universe/whatever Galaxy-X is in STO, despite the fact it shouldn't
if the majority want it, and Paramount/CBS ever come to a deal, they'll put them in-game (they said fun trumps canon if it ever came down to either )
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
and yet, the alternate reality/universe/whatever Galaxy-X is in STO, despite the fact it shouldn't
if the majority want it, and Paramount/CBS ever come to a deal, they'll put them in-game (they said fun trumps canon if it ever came down to either )
While that is most certainly true, the Galaxy-X was still a possibility anyway post Dominion War. The AGT badges and uniforms showed up at least twice in Star Trek for possible alternate futures as well. The point is, they're from the prime timeline, the prime series of Star Trek TV shows and movies.

I still maintain that the JJ -Verse lacks soul, emotion and creativity. It's content doesn't belong in STO, IMHO. YMMV
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-31-2011, 03:30 PM
As you see, the game still has rules we have to follow, but to make you feel better, there is a ship in ruin in one of the outer space battle zones that kinda looks like the consitution from the movie, just more what would happen if it didnt survive.