Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
08-31-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raketh
Tactical: Tact Team, High Yield Torpedo 1, Attack Pattern Beta 1 (or Beam Overload 2, depending on how you feel! Beam Overload is quite good for your dual beam banks and can hurt quite a bit, but as an Engineer you lack hull debuffs, so this is where Beta can help instead). Save Tact Team for when under heavy directional fire, to get rid of boarding parties, or part of your Alpha Strike to slightly boost weapons damage.
I generally agree with Raketh on this post, except the Beam Overload on a Dreadnaught. It has a shared cooldown with the Lance, so you would be giving up a lot of firepower. I'd go for both HYT 1 and HYT 2 for the Lt Tac slot: It allows you to fire a steady stream of torpedoes. When you decloak and fire an alpha strike, along with the Lance, and if you run your weapon power to 125, you'll have a spike damage approaching that of an escort (almost, and I said approaching! Don't flame me!)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
08-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris_Botonis
I generally agree with Raketh on this post, except the Beam Overload on a Dreadnaught. It has a shared cooldown with the Lance, so you would be giving up a lot of firepower. I'd go for both HYT 1 and HYT 2 for the Lt Tac slot: It allows you to fire a steady stream of torpedoes. When you decloak and fire an alpha strike, along with the Lance, and if you run your weapon power to 125, you'll have a spike damage approaching that of an escort (almost, and I said approaching! Don't flame me!)
Why flame ? it is even greater spike, especially if you are tactical and crit...

My preferred combination on Galaxy-X is..

HYT1; CRF1
TT1

Although I'm thinking of trading TT1 for some subsystem targeting (engine/aux). But that would require from me investment in some more tanking, and I'm not quite ready for that...yet
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
08-31-2011, 07:57 AM
So far I've taken the advice of the first poster. I held out for 12 minutes in Kerrat against 3 Klingons trying to make me suck down some disruptor cannons until a few Fed escorts came over and laid waste to them while they weren't paying attention.

Although I'm thinking of trying AF1 with APB1. I'm assuming that -25 weapon power to who ever I pan out radiation to and -25 defense to who ever I phaser might be a decent way for Cruisers to have their cake and eat it too....aaaannnnd I'm also thinking of maybe a Subsystem Target Shields as well when I get on my other ENG who still uses dreadnaught. For this character, it's tanked with star cruiser now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
08-31-2011, 08:59 AM
The Galaxy-X's maneuverabilty can be a liabiliy, but also an asset. I've fooled around with mine in Kerrat and tried some interesting techniques, like throwing it straightinto reverse and steering in the opposite direction of where I should and line up for some good shots. Emergycy power to engines and Aux to inertial dampers are a good asset on this ship for a burst turn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
08-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
The Galaxy-X's maneuverabilty can be a liabiliy, but also an asset. I've fooled around with mine in Kerrat and tried some interesting techniques, like throwing it straightinto reverse and steering in the opposite direction of where I should and line up for some good shots. Emergycy power to engines and Aux to inertial dampers are a good asset on this ship for a burst turn.
I used to use that maneuver a lot, I even did it with Evasive Maneuvers when those two were cooling down.

I made quite a few lucky kills by doing that, giving the Klinks a good whack with the Phaser Lance or lining up the Dual heavies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
08-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Why would it ? My phaser lance without tactical buffs hits 2x19800 dmg...with tactical buffs up and target immobilized with tractor beam the crits are well over 40k each...

60k + beam overload crits => that is like Season 2 with beta stacking or so...
you have no idea why ACCx3 weapons are the most expensive in the game do you?

ACCx3 gaurentee's that you hit.
Then whatever ACC bonus you have over the target's defense goes straight in to CRIT.

So do the math after that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
08-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naekuh View Post
you have no idea why ACCx3 weapons are the most expensive in the game do you?

ACCx3 gaurentee's that you hit.
Then whatever ACC bonus you have over the target's defense goes straight in to CRIT.

So do the math after that.
To crit SEVERITY, not crit CHANCE......but anyway, even i dont know why ACCx3 is the most expensive...i certainly known basic math.....

And my base dmg of phaser lance is 20044 from decloacking without tac buffs....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
To crit SEVERITY, not crit CHANCE......
it goes to both bro...

Thats why its the most expensive type of weapons you can buy on the exchange
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naekuh View Post
it goes to both bro...

Thats why its the most expensive type of weapons you can buy on the exchange
Oh some new info then, but the effect is questionable, as its very hard to get target to complete 0 speed. Although even compared to DB with 3x acc (and target on 0 speed), the lance would do more dmg, because it has greater base value and it would also profit from not moving target.

But anyway, i do not remember why are we arguing ? galaxy cannot get BO3 and has limited tactical console slots...so its kinda comparing apples with pears.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
When it comes down to it, I wouldn't use a Galaxy-X in pvp, unless I was ina good group.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 AM.