Lt. Commander
# 51
09-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I don't understand the different sounds anyway.....there is no sound in space....so...really....why there must be different sound ??

For me, photons have best sound / look tho.
Starfleet issued microphones are really good.
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-02-2011, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJZbCNexctc

There is the beautiful sound of Quantums and Photons and blowing up brog Cube :p
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Starfleet issued microphones are really good.
No, it's your tactical officer in the back making all the sounds. First thing they learn in starfleet academy.
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Your Quantum Torpedo - Spread III deals 73500 (55065) Kinetic Damage to ******.

Am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Nope. Hence why I said I'm pretty sure it isn't actually doing a mere 85 percent of HY damage.
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Fully-skilled THY3 (with no other buffs running):
  • Each Torpedo: ~3800 damage
  • Total Damage (assuming all 4 hit): ~15.2k damage

Fully-skilled TS3 (with no other buffs running):
  • Single hit: 12.8k damage (just about 85% of the value of THY3's total output)

Criticals:
  • With full Tac buffs running, THY3 damage: ~6-10k, per torpedo
  • With full Tac buffs running, TS3 damage: ~22-25k+
  • Critical Severity with full Tac buffs running (possibly [CrtD] or [CrtD]x2 Q-Torps): 150%+

Remember that Critical Severity runs off the base damage of the attack, and, with THY, each torpedo can independently score a Critical (meaning that 0-4 torpedoes can possibly Crit, in a given attack). With TS, however, the damage is lumped into a single, base value, thus, a Critical effectively has more initial punch, even though the potential output of THY is higher.

With just 150% Crit Severity, using the ~25k TS3, a Crit will be in the 62.5k range, so, the numbers are spot on, but the delivery is very 'different' than what we are used to seeing with THY.

-BRJ
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
With just 150% Crit Severity, using the ~25k TS3, a Crit will be in the 62.5k range, so, the numbers are spot on, but the delivery is very 'different' than what we are used to seeing with THY.
Torp Spread is the new Tricobalt....

...Except its not targetable, rarely misses, and can be fired every 15 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Nope. Hence why I said I'm pretty sure it isn't actually doing a mere 85 percent of HY damage.
I seem to notice a lot of crits from it. Maybe the crit chance is the problem instead of the damage?
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Fully-skilled THY3 (with no other buffs running):
  • Each Torpedo: ~3800 damage
  • Total Damage (assuming all 4 hit): ~15.2k damage

Fully-skilled TS3 (with no other buffs running):
  • Single hit: 12.8k damage (just about 85% of the value of THY3's total output)

Criticals:
  • With full Tac buffs running, THY3 damage: ~6-10k, per torpedo
  • With full Tac buffs running, TS3 damage: ~22-25k+
  • Critical Severity with full Tac buffs running (possibly [CrtD] or [CrtD]x2 Q-Torps): 150%+

Remember that Critical Severity runs off the base damage of the attack, and, with THY, each torpedo can independently score a Critical (meaning that 0-4 torpedoes can possibly Crit, in a given attack). With TS, however, the damage is lumped into a single, base value, thus, a Critical effectively has more initial punch, even though the potential output of THY is higher.

-BRJ
Nice analysis BigRed

It would appear spread is far more effective for burst and overall, the torpedo seems to travel alot faster and overall damage potential is far greater one you take into account your buffs / debuffs on the enemy.

Much like dual cannons pale in comparsion to DHC's because higher damage per shot is far more effective, than smaller damage per shot but more shots overall (as in THY case)

Once you take into account that it also fires on multiple targets, then torpedo spread has pretty much obsoleted THY.

I have seen Torpedo spread II on science karfi hit for 28k, torpedo spread 1 with unspecced chronitons hit for over 10k, others have also reported similar high damage numbers, etc.

Honestly to fix this skill THY and TS should be reversed as they are.

For example

SO THY III damage is calculated as one torpedo (like Torpedo spread is now)
And TS III damage is calculated per torpedo ( like THY is now, but still fires at multiple targets )
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Also the high damage numbers are due to that TS has a far higher base damage, even without critical hits that increases exponentially with buffs and debuffs the effect is far far greater than say on a standard HY torpedo.

Which would explain the high damage, scoring a critical on top of that gets you the uber damage and results in getting insta popped.