Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
One of the main reasons I vehemently dislike ground missions is because the away team AI is really, really dumb. Just this morning in one of the Cardassian sector missions, the one where you go to retrieve the Orb, I kept getting killed because my entire away team was getting stuck in corners and on walls. It took minutes to get them back together and to walk very, very slowly and deliberately to stop them from getting stuck.

Suffice it to say, nobody should have to do that. STO is getting better and better but this is one of those crippling bugs that'll hold it back. Cryptic, can you get somebody on this if you haven't already?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidus View Post
One of the main reasons I vehemently dislike ground missions is because the away team AI is really, really dumb. Just this morning in one of the Cardassian sector missions, the one where you go to retrieve the Orb, I kept getting killed because my entire away team was getting stuck in corners and on walls. It took minutes to get them back together and to walk very, very slowly and deliberately to stop them from getting stuck.

Suffice it to say, nobody should have to do that. STO is getting better and better but this is one of those crippling bugs that'll hold it back. Cryptic, can you get somebody on this if you haven't already?
I would like the ability for my Klingon captain to shoot them for incompetance... Hopefully the public display will keep them in-line...heheheheheheh
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Agreed, AI pathing needs a lot of work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-30-2011, 09:47 AM
I am so glad to hear it isn't just me. I would hate to think that I have a gift for recruiting morons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidus View Post
That's nothing. Just wait until you get to Cage of Fire when your bridge officers get so fed up with life that, riddled with angst and drowning in ennui, they jump off the catwalks and into the flames like so many lemmings.

Good times.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-30-2011, 12:49 PM
I have recently noticed on several occasions whether I am playing either Fed or KDF that on ground missions, 1 or more of my Boffs will turn and run off in the opposite direction we are going in, only for them to return as I begin moving forward to complete the mission. And so with their clear acts of "desertion and cowardice in the face of the enemy not to mention conduct unbecoming an officer and dereliction of duty," I would like to request the Devs enable an option to as suggested by a reply post above for any captain of any faction to be given this ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
I would like the ability for my Klingon captain to shoot them for incompetance... Hopefully the public display will keep them in-line...heheheheheheh
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
I noticed that ai just really have major issues with steps that are more than 2ft tall and cardassian styled hallways. If the staff can look into it, it'd be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 8 I dunno
08-30-2011, 07:40 PM
That forementioned episode has been crap since the earliest days and it is no hetter today. My guess is that they are aware of it but are bogged down doing other things.....

It has been an issue since my 1st toon played it many moons ago. It is a little bewildering to see it is not repaired yet.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
The Breen missions are fun also. They just stand in the cold from the cryo grenade and wait to be frozen then die. I know you have so long to get out of it as I manage to do it, but they just like it for some odd reason.

AI is really poor in this game to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh god i remember that mission. I just got fed up and ended up leaving 3 of my officers behind and tried to keep the one i had left on track....