Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 141
10-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmera
well you guys have been asking this fixed sense the very day it went live. the answer was no than. and i gather it will always be no.

sorry had to burst your bubble for the slightest bit of hope, there are people that want the ranks in there, in than there is about 20% who want to be called a captain. so they decided they keep it ranked based.
Really ... and your basis for that statistic is grounded in what evidence... regardless of that; thanks for your input...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 142
10-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
Really ... and your basis for that statistic is grounded in what evidence... regardless of that; thanks for your input...
yes, been here than. there was a poll not even a month later. (by a person ingame not by a dev) and the vote was something like 74 for ranks remaining as they were, and there were over 34k votes so at the time that was about 2/3rds of the people playing the game.

now i dont know if you know much about forum polls but they take alot of resources so when completed they get deleted by forum modulators a few weeks later. maybe someday they will instate the poll again.

but even on that basis alone the fact that if you read earlier in the forum we have stated that this "garbage" on folks demanding that captains be the only rank applied in the game has had close to 4-5 threads, and has been around sense the very day we went live.

i understand you dont have much time on your hands. and now that i have a blackberry i can access the forum whereever i am. but as much as i can say to you is, this HAS been around longer than i can remember and you just simple missed it in your lose time you have with more important things to do.

dont stress over the rank system my friend. just enjoy the game and accept that you are the captain of a federation ship, and that you are a Vice Admiral that can command up to 1 ship if your health drops below 50% (never really used fleet support) ranks dont matter. its how you play it. plus no one really ever calls you Vice Admiral when you hit the rank cause you dont have the missions for it anymore. (unless you go and repeat them)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 143
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
I have heard your view; stop de-railing the thread... you don't care I get that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 144
10-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
+1 for this feature. I wanna be a captain, NOT an admiral!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
Please don't tell me how to enjoy the game If you are happy, then don't get steamed at some people who aren't with this one feature, please don't assume that just because you are happy, that people who disagree with you are "whining"... it's actually not about "trek"... per say it's about game immersion.
Between working a real job and my family I have very little spare time; so I enjoy spending it gaming... forums i can do almost any time, between meetings or before the rest of the house gets up, so please don't assume i have loads of free time. When I comment its usually because i want something to improve...

and yes this removes some of the "fun" i get from this game; so I'd like this fixed, respect it... or not it's your call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
I have heard your view; stop de-railing the thread... you don't care I get that.
First off, get over it, the rank system will NOT change. Its ensign to Vice Admiral Learn it like it and live with it.

Second, What you want and what your going to get are 2 differnet things. so you say 20% of the player base want to be called "Captain". So what about the other 80% of the player base don't we get a vote or are you just trying to make the decition for us?. Now i can't speck for the rest of the 80% but i won't sit idol and let you guys ruin the game for me. I Like My ADMIRAL Rank thank you.

Lastly, If your so worryed about the last guy "De-Railing the thread" I won't stop until my point is pressed though. So Please shut your mouth and don't destroy the game for the rest of us
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 145
10-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Canadian
First off, get over it, the rank system will NOT change. Its ensign to Vice Admiral Learn it like it and live with it.
Because you say so. Naturally.....

Quote:
Second, What you want and what your going to get are 2 differnet things. so you say 20% of the player base want to be called "Captain".
Good joke. Most people either want to be called Captain or dont care.
And those who want to stay Admiral are for most parts JJ-fanboys that want to be the spuer-duper-heros... at least thats my impression.... but after all since I usually dont care to play with kind of people there might be more who want to stay admiral then I expect.
After all... the best way would still be to make it optional by beeing adressed by the chosen rank, not the "forced"-level tied. That wouldnt take anything from anyone away.

The request keept coming up again and again and will continue to come up. With a bigger staff they might finally have the resources to make the necessary changes.
And we WILL continue to request that, like it or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 146
10-19-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
I have heard your view; stop de-railing the thread... you don't care I get that.
not de-railing anything, im telling you facts. get over the facts. this has been in descusion for the yr + that this game has been out, we even had a god dam poll on the subject and the % went agaist you. if you didnt cast your vote within the 2 weeks that you had a chance thats your problem. the devs spoke in the poll and that being the case it would have been a fix forsure. you want to run another poll, go right the hell a head and im sure that one will fail too.

lastly if you want to be a all-out *** about this and cant be civil than you know where you can go. you asked for facts, i gave them too you. i suggested you not get so worked over this, and than you wanted to tell me im in the wrong by "de-railing"the subject. which what im really de-railing is the fact that your not going to get what you want because you and 100 other people want it. im sorry but get it thru your head. 1000 people out votes 100 by 10 to 1. basic math skills dont apply.

@ Captain_Canadian: thank you for your help, but you dont need to be so mean when trying to put your point accross, you lowed yourself to a jerk much like this speedofheat guy. i feel sorry for the guy cause he thinks he is something special cause of a silly rank in a game.

@ FirstAngelus the facts to which i put down show that at the time this game had about 50k-60k people active on the boards. over 30k casted a vote. in which a little over 70% said keep it the same. thus shutting down your "i dont care" statement out the window. the poll was yes or no, thus the "i dont care" would have been the section of under 30k people that didnt bother casting they vote. furthermore you too could have been nice when voicing up on your view.

overall folks im sorry to say but it appears for the time being things are staying the way they are. personally i think your all right, we should be called by the titles we assign our selfs. give that one time and im sure they find a way. but this has been a subject for over a year. and nothing has changed or is even on the books to be looked at in-turns of changing. going to conflict with one another over a matter of what we are called ingame is just sad. we can all be friends and do STFs together rather than sit here insulting one another over a name or rank.

if you disagree with that, than clearly there is no hope in this world for you. and i feel even more sorry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 147
10-19-2011, 04:29 AM
I'm sure it's been said before, but just put on captain's pips in the tailor, change your title to captain, and voila, captain. Oh, that's right, some silly npc is calling you Vice Admiral. If that's all that's getting under your skin, some game mechanic, then you have issues and take this GAME way too seriously.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 148
10-19-2011, 04:37 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 149
10-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I'm sure it's been said before, but just put on captain's pips in the tailor, change your title to captain, and voila, captain. Oh, that's right, some silly npc is calling you Vice Admiral. If that's all that's getting under your skin, some game mechanic, then you have issues and take this GAME way too seriously.
Strangely I have done that, thanks for the tip though, it's not getting under my skin, well maybe a little, but it could be better, and it would be simple to do.

I have to say I'm fairly stunned at the vitriol on this thread... which gets under my skin more
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 150 careful folks
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
careful folks speedofheat will report you and devs never really investigate matters they just sign out warnings.

speedofheat do meet my ignore list.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 PM.