Lt. Commander
# 1 Intrepid tips please
08-30-2011, 08:38 AM
I just got the intrepid( upgraded from a nebula,horrable turning radius). Id like some feed back about loadouts. I'm a Captain 3. I've got the Breen setup on the deflector, impulse, and shields. 2 rcs thruster consoles. 2 energy weapon consoles. one deflector console, one crew console. forgot the other science console. 2 disrupter arrays and a fast loading transphasic torpedo fore. a tetryon array, plasma turret, and hargh pengh torpedo aft. thats the rare klingon torpedo.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talonx77
I just got the intrepid( upgraded from a nebula,horrable turning radius). Id like some feed back about loadouts. I'm a Captain 3. I've got the Breen setup on the deflector, impulse, and shields. 2 rcs thruster consoles. 2 energy weapon consoles. one deflector console, one crew console. forgot the other science console. 2 disrupter arrays and a fast loading transphasic torpedo fore. a tetryon array, plasma turret, and hargh pengh torpedo aft. thats the rare klingon torpedo.
First off: PvE or PvP?

And some general pointers:
- Stick to one energy weapon type. It's farrr easier to spec into one energy type and get it's max damage compared to spec'ing for multiple types.
- The RCS consoles aren't too important on an Intrepid as it's got a great turn rate to begin with. Swap them out for some resistance consoles, EPS console (you only really need 1), or something to boost whatever power levels you feel need boosted.
- Drop the crew console, it's not doing you any good. Go with something that boosts one of your Sci abilities.