Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 241
09-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I kind of have to agree with it, and I was one of the ones who was proven right, but Allegiance86 is right. smugness can and does make you look toolish. Yes you got something right, but that does not mean you can gloat about it because in the end your the one who looks bad.

Not like it matters to me, but I am just saying.
I'm willing to give people a LOT of slack on this particular topic though. The amount of resistance people were given on this topic of discussion, I think folks who made threads like this one get a free pass on an "I told you so" or two.

I mean, especially this one, where pages after it was proven that the image wasn't photoshopped, you had people still accusing it of being photoshop.

The Admiral can have his retribution. He was as nice and up front and open about everything contained in his original post as anyone I've ever seen broach this topic. And still got dragged through the "I don't believe it, those pics are fake, it's not true" madness. The entire time, the Perfect World conference call was already on the net (NOTE ... PW posted that call on August 23, 2011 ... a full 7 days prior to this thread's creation).
Lt. Commander
# 242
09-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I'm willing to give people a LOT of slack on this particular topic though. The amount of resistance people were given on this topic of discussion, I think folks who made threads like this one get a free pass on an "I told you so" or two.

I mean, especially this one, where pages after it was proven that the image wasn't photoshopped, you had people still accusing it of being photoshop.

The Admiral can have his retribution. He was as nice and up front and open about everything contained in his original post as anyone I've ever seen broach this topic. And still got dragged through the "I don't believe it, those pics are fake, it's not true" madness. The entire time, the Perfect World conference call was already on the net (NOTE ... PW posted that call on August 23, 2011 ... a full 7 days prior to this thread's creation).
Okay.. when you put it that way. I can give him that. There was a lot of hostile people in this thread, and it was strange to see them saying it was photoshop even with a video to prove it.

I will say. OP. it was a lot of luck that HOURS after you posted this, someone found that call... that is called perfect timing. that or the great bird of the galaxy is looking out for you.
Lt. Commander
# 243
09-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post

It is nice to see some appreciation (and understanding), and that there is still people out there who read all sides of a story, somewhat metaphorically speaking.

On top of that, personally I think I am indeed done, can only have so much "i told you so"-popcorn and still enjoy it. Now it is time for sitting back again and silently watch how everything develops and/or see how it will all have turned out after a few months.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
(...) it was a lot of luck that HOURS after you posted this, someone found that call... that is called perfect timing. (...)
That is exactly what I thought as well.
Lt. Commander
# 244
09-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
All i ask, is that they make it so that ship visuals are premium members only when this game becomes F2P (IF indeed it becomes F2P)

That way if someone flying the pimperprize past me with borg/aegis visuals past me i can rub my hands and at least comfort myself with the thought they had to pay cash to ruin my immersion.
LOL!

"Ruin my immersion"!! ← Priceless!

Mine is ruined 10x a day with of the ship and captain names I see.

I would like to see some distinction between F2P character/ship visuals and those that pay.
Lt. Commander
# 245
09-01-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm glad to have been a part of this and to help "break the story" by posting screens from my test of the silver account. Having the F2P news break the next day has felt vindicating.