Lt. Commander
# 11
08-31-2011, 07:07 AM
...but might have a connection (punistically) to B4.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-31-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melovix View Post
Well..... The special effects were pretty good......
R2-D2's dome was in it it...
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-31-2011, 07:38 AM
As others have said, STO is set in the true time line of Star Trek while the 2009 movie is set in a reboot, impatient generation, time line where lens flare rules the universe, toothpaste advert bridges are the in thing and newly graduated ensigns can gain command of a ship by having a nice smile and zero experience - I wouldn't be surprised if in that time line's future that Wesley Crusher will gain command of the Enterprise-D at the age of 18.

In the true time line Vulcan is still around and Kirk, by the 24th century, is dead.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-31-2011, 07:43 AM
I would make a quick revision to the idea that STO is in the Star Trek Prime universe. Any movies or TV series that take place after Nemesis is in the Star Trek Prime Universe. There are currently 4 alternate realities going on with Star Trek, the Prime universe, JJ universe, Novel universe, and STO universe.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The 2009 film has nothing to do with Data's brother Lore.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I would make a quick revision to the idea that STO is in the Star Trek Prime universe. Any movies or TV series that take place after Nemesis is in the Star Trek Prime Universe. There are currently 4 alternate realities going on with Star Trek, the Prime universe, JJ universe, Novel universe, and STO universe.
Yeah, that is worth keeping in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The 2009 film has nothing to do with Data's brother Lore.
darn you beat me to it =(
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
STO content has been declared canon I believe. Its not a seperate universe from Prime.

At the very least, they do consider the F to be canon.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPeacemaker
STO content has been declared canon I believe. Its not a seperate universe from Prime.

At the very least, they do consider the F to be canon.
Look at it this way. JJ universe is a completely different universe caused by a time travel event. The novel universe, STO universe, and canon universe all split up after Voyager reached Earth. STO will never be canon since canon is only movies and TV shows. The only way for STO to be considered canon is for the TV shows and movies to be after STO or have a TV show or movie follow the timeline established by STO and have the events of STO be declared canon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Look at it this way. JJ universe is a completely different universe caused by a time travel event. The novel universe, STO universe, and canon universe all split up after Voyager reached Earth. STO will never be canon since canon is only movies and TV shows. The only way for STO to be considered canon is for the TV shows and movies to be after STO or have a TV show or movie follow the timeline established by STO and have the events of STO be declared canon.
CBS already stated that the F will be canon. Seems like I remember seeing that somewhere.

Also, the prime timeline is canon all the way to the events that led Spock to the JJ verse.

This was after Voyager returned, and after Star Trek Nemesis. The supernova occured in the Prime Universe, not the alternate timeline.

Voyager returned in 2378.
Nemesis takes place in 2379.

The Hobus supernova and Spocks trip to the JJ verse took place in 2387. That is as far as canon extends in the Prime universe currently.

So the timeline split up at 2387 if you look at it that way.

Canon 'Prime' then split into STO and JJ Verse
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Oh god, please not another "this is canon, this isn't canon, but part of this is canon" thread

On a personal level, when CBS gave their approval for the Ent-F to exist, I felt that all concerns of STO being canon should have been tossed aside.

But frankly, we're NEVER going to get every fanboi to agree on what is canon and what isn't.

For example, this kind of %^&*: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip.../timmy-in-time

So short of someone trying to claim something really outrageous as canon - like that script I wrote for Star Trek 12 - I don't think canon arguments are very useful.