Lt. Commander
# 21
08-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The 2009 film has nothing to do with Data's brother Lore.
I c wht U did thar, but yeah, this is the universe that all the TV shows and movies before the 2009 one takes place in.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Trek canon. Ever since my first day in the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these god-forsaken paradoxes. TNG is the past, Enterprise is the future. It all gives me a headache.

Apologies to Kathryn Janeway
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Trek canon. Ever since my first day in the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'm never let myself get caught in one of these god-forsaken paradoxes. TNG is the past, Enterprise is the future. It all gives me a headache.

Apologies to Kathryn Janeway
LOL that is exactly what it seems like.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Just close this thread before I get myself banned haha.....

The JJ film is an entire new reality and universe....it has nothing at all almost with the 45+ year franchise.

Go watch the TRUE Star Trek OP, you're waaay better off.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The 2009 film has nothing to do with Data's brother Lore.
I wish I knew that...B-4...*chuckle*.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I wish I knew that...B-4...*chuckle*.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uQ76qrlK78 - Sorry, I couldn't help myself after reading your post.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPeacemaker
CBS already stated that the F will be canon. Seems like I remember seeing that somewhere.

Also, the prime timeline is canon all the way to the events that led Spock to the JJ verse.

This was after Voyager returned, and after Star Trek Nemesis. The supernova occured in the Prime Universe, not the alternate timeline.

Voyager returned in 2378.
Nemesis takes place in 2379.

The Hobus supernova and Spocks trip to the JJ verse took place in 2387. That is as far as canon extends in the Prime universe currently.

So the timeline split up at 2387 if you look at it that way.

Canon 'Prime' then split into STO and JJ Verse
Used the Voyager reaching Earth split off point to accommodate the Novel universe. The time from Nemesis to when Romulus is destroyed does not have an established canon. Therefore, the only event that is known to be the same for the canon universe and STO universe after Nemesis is the destruction of Romulus.

If a TV show or movie shows up later, then whatever timeline they decide will define canon. At this point we have a well-established timeline for STO and an unknown timeline with only one known event for canon universe.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
There are currently 4 alternate realities going on with Star Trek, the Prime universe, JJ universe, Novel universe, and STO universe.
I would say it's more like three - with the notable fact that, apart from the Prime and the JJverse, there isn't a real canon for the novels and other licensed products, including STO. Books and computer games all exist side by side without trying to remain "compatible" - occasionally you have novels or games reference each other (especially in the case of sequels of course), but that is no rule, and as such the concept of "canon" does not really exist there.

I also don't believe that STO will ever be included in Prime canon, for there's just too many things not adding up. The whole "no uniforms" deal and all the anachronisms would never be endorsed by the studio, it'd just look to silly on the TV screen. That's not to say that they may not adopt individual ideas, though, such as the aforementioned Enterprise-F. If they ever touch the Prime reality again, that is.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
The whole "no uniforms" deal and all the anachronisms would never be endorsed by the studio, it'd just look to silly on the TV screen.
Well, that would probably run into issues with censorship, so yeah I can see the studio having a problem with that! LOL
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPeacemaker
Well, that would probably run into issues with censorship, so yeah I can see the studio having a problem with that! LOL
I see what you did there...