Lt. Commander
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08...ine-going-f2p/

I saw it coming as soon as I saw the new ground combat. Then the new C-store confirmed it. I just didn't want to believe it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Spent way too much for my Lifetime Subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surt.Q
You must have two subscriptions then, cause the forum says you aint a lifetime sub. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
You must have two subscriptions then, cause the forum says you aint a lifetime sub. :p
You can turn that on and off.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I just didn't have my tag set properly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Seeing as how the value of it will increase when a hybrid f2p model arrives, I'm feeling a bit better about purchasing mine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-31-2011, 07:41 PM
I am a lifer on Champions Online as well. I can honestly say that you should not worry about this change. It has actually been a gigantic boon for the game. You will still get all your toys. The F2P'ers will have limitations about how they can play, unless they pay for it.

Where YOU benefit is the following: Content.

CO was effectively dead. No more than 1 zone per area. Nobody played it and there was no new content for more than a year.

Suddenly it went F2P and now massive amounts of content are being introduced. Every week something new is being added. The schedule for the calendar is also quite full for the next month or so.

It can only help the regular gaming community. This will help PvP, as lower level PvP tiers will be full again. Klingon players will have a lot more gamers over there, and the financial injection from hundreds of thousands of new people buying all the stuff on the C-store that we have already bought...

Well, that kind of financial injection will help feed more content into the game, when Cryptic is able to hire more people.

CO has had massive growth and success.. Now some zones have more than 18 instances of the same map, with 100 players per zone. .. where before.. 1 instance.. 10 players.

That is huge

We need it.

P.s. As a lifer in CO, I geto 400 Cryptic points a month, just for existing.. no doubt that will happen in STO.. That is 800 points I am going to get a month... and the game will eventually pay for itself.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Seeing as how the value of it will increase when a hybrid f2p model arrives, I'm feeling a bit better about purchasing mine.
If Champions Online is any indication, I am not convinced.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Means I need a find a job and quick. Because I want that stipend if there is one. Pickings have been slim with the crap economy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
I just didn't have my tag set properly.
Egg, Face. Foot, Mouth...

*hands you an apology-flavoured cookie*