Lt. Commander
# 31
09-02-2011, 07:49 AM
This won't be good for the development and innovation of STO at all. Im all but pleased about this. But it does give me a reason not to complain any longer and end my subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I was a much better "twitchy" gamer at 12 than I am now. Heck I was a much better "twitchy" gamer at under ten. The days of flipping Defender on Atari et al ...
STO is "Twitchy"? O-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post

Well about the payment: With the new currency system gold members (wich are subbers and lifetimers I believe) will be able to get C-Points ingame.
Also they get an amount C-points every month with the suscription/lifetime (at least its that way in CO).

Since you usually focus on one class in PVP there will not be THAT MUCH to Pay to win for for THAT ONE class, so I think it will possible to max its efficiency out without additional payment.
But may be I'm to optimistic here. They aleady announced repricing the C-Store ships, the question is just in what direction....

And then we will still be more experienced then those 12-year-olds.
Well, we all know how impatient 12 year olds can be.. (Infact, even adults can be extremely impatient, we just have bigger wallets) But, since they're more unlikely to sub, they'll most likely be buying the c-store gear outright. While, either through our sub or lifetime stipends in concert with the the new currency system, we'll get it eventually (for free).
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-02-2011, 09:42 AM
How will F2P affect the PvP. For the best I hope, then I would have a reason to play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
F2P means get ready for an influx of 12 year olds.
The age wouldn't bother me, i think we've already now a good amount of people like that in pvp lol.. i'd rather be worried about an increase of exploiters in pvp. Once people realize that they can always come back with a new account/name theres no getting rid of those guys anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
The age wouldn't bother me, i think we've already now a good amount of people like that in pvp lol.. i'd rather be worried about an increase of exploiters in pvp. Once people realize that they can always come back with a new account/name theres no getting rid of those guys anymore.
I have to agree, but exploiters can be handled just as any other players can, with a nice disruptor blast and perhaps the ignore setting, just like the 12 year old. However at the moment I look forward to F2P whilst still being cautious of what chaos this change might cause. I find myself in an unusual position, an optimistic view is not a common position for me to take.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Looking at the recent ship releases, it looks like F2P will bring us an entirely new Payer vs Payer experience.
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Looking at the recent ship releases, it looks like F2P will bring us an entirely new Payer vs Payer experience.
I suppose it's time to check the job and income situation of TSI (and other fleets) members now?
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I suppose it's time to check the job and income situation of TSI (and other fleets) members now?
I'm afraid it could be time to find a new game. But I'm still having trouble converting TSI to FIFA. Nobody seems to like football and the only other player who does is a PES follower.

The problem is not even so much the Pay to Win thing, it is the fact that in the process of P2W, Cryptic will most likely ruin the game balance (even in all P2W ship matches) since they don't seem to have even a single developer with a remote understanding of high level pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
I'm afraid it could be time to find a new game. But I'm still having trouble converting TSI to FIFA. Nobody seems to like football and the only other player who does is a PES follower.
I don't care for football/soccer either, so you got no sympathy here. :p

Quote:
The problem is not even so much the Pay to Win thing, it is the fact that in the process of P2W, Cryptic will most likely ruin the game balance (even in all P2W ship matches) since they don't seem to have even a single developer with a remote understanding of high level pvp.
Or maybe even balance in general, really.

A lot has been said about D&D 4 focus on actual "game balance" was "videogamey" or "like an MMO", but it seems, the reality is very far from the truth and if D&D 4 is "videogamey", than it only copies from the best.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
I have to agree, but exploiters can be handled just as any other players can, with a nice disruptor blast and perhaps the ignore setting, just like the 12 year old.
Really? Is that how you personally handle known, proven and self admitted exploiters?