Lt. Commander
Our very own Craig Zinkievich spent some time with Zam's WaxPaper to talk about how the new Star Trek movie will affect Star Trek Online. Give it a read here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Two updates are always better than one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
but whats better than two? Three

This one was an interesting read
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Oops. Someone needs to remind Zam's writer that Romulus was destroyed, and THEN Nero and Spock wound up in the alternate timeline. Romulus' destruction is in the Prime timeline, not the alternate one.

Thanks for the link, Rekhan, and for the talk, Zinc!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure why Zinkievich mentions the Romulan homeworld being gone, since that event took place in the new, "alternate" timeline; not the "prime" timeline that STO takes place in. It might have been a slip of the tongue,
-----------
him he has this wrong rom is destroyed in the prime time line . its valcane that is destroyed in the new time line
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-16-2009, 07:00 PM
This was a great read, and I am sure it will help to get more people interested in the game due to the success of the new film. Thanks for posting this!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
what update? It was copied and paste from things that Zinc has said before over and over again. Do journalist ask their own questions anymore?

I thought, it was a good critic overview of the new movie but it had nothing about STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Nothing new, and the writer doesn't actually seem to know what he's talking about... but, meh - it kept me occupied for 5 minutes. :p

It's a pity actually - the other interviews posted up have actually been pretty interesting and have had at least one new thing in them (for me anyway).
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
wow.. zam went down.. guess they are not used to all the traffic.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure why Zinkievich mentions the Romulan homeworld being gone, since that event took place in the new, "alternate" timeline; not the "prime" timeline that STO takes place in. It might have been a slip of the tongue, or it could indicate that we'll be seeing more influence from the new timeline than he previously alluded to. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a follow-up question in by press time.
Bad author. BAD AUTHOR. Did he even read the handy timeline he posted in his own article?