Lt. Commander
# 41
07-13-2009, 09:45 PM
3 questions

1. will there be a configuration saver like i set up a ship fully and save that setup then make a different setup with the same ship then save that and be able to quickly swap between the setups with the click of a button.

2. will there be a ship painting option where i can cutomize a ships painthob any way i want like adding a racing strip or spots just for fun.

3. will there be a pre ship and/or character builder like what spore did
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Where will we get out ship mods from? Will there be simply a selection gallery or will we have to purchase them off the galactic market? If so, will they be seeded in the markets or will users have to build them in-game first?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Can you paint your ship Pink and camp up the universe?

All aboard the USS Camptrain...
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serikor
Hello,

Will ships have the abilty to beam marines aboard an enemy ship when one of thier shield arcs has been breached?

Also, if yes, will there be a set amount of marines that a ship class can have onboard, or will there be a variant of that class that will offer the ability to hold more?

- Serikor
I would also like to know this. I hope there is a boarding ability in this game. I am unsure of how this would work. How would you control your ship while being boarded by an enemy attacker? At what point do you protect your ship hand to hand while being boarded? Does your securtiy deal with the intruders automatically and once they become overpowered may you can join in?

((((((Can your ship be boarded while in combat? )))))))))) --- Main Question
Can you loose command of your ship temporarily and if so what kind of penalties will you recieve for being captured? Can some one loot your ship for goods/ credits/ crew members / supplies?

I would like this ability in the game. It would force you to use more hand to hand especially in a PvP situation. There would be more benifit to capturing the ship and letting it go rather than simply destroying it.
This would add a great amount of depth to PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Will ship design base on what type of components that can be installed i.e. a galaxy/soverign has the space needed for massive/advanced astrometric labs/holodecks/armories/cargo bays, while smaller vessels cant equip as advanced or as big or even as many of these items. Will this also be true for combat oriented armaments. Granted we know the federation isn't fond of making PURE battleships but say we wanted to design a ship that could go toe to toe with a Scimitar type vessal would we have the option?

guess what i'm saying is... just how much freedom in design will we have in our ships?
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-14-2009, 01:34 AM
I just want to blow them all out of the stars.
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-14-2009, 01:36 AM
About ships, will i be able to customize and/or select diferent furniture on my ship? And what type of interior customasation will be avaible?
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-14-2009, 02:01 AM
On the ship itself this question is for Klingon ships will all ships have cloaking abilitys and how do you maintain a cloak is it a set duration or unlimited?

Second if the ship has a duration is there a cool down and for how long?
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordor
That question has been asked before, You can outfit your smaller ships but ultimately a nova class no matter how many flashing lights you have added wont take down a galaxy class cruiser. Just thought i would help out

Question: In Star Trek there are various new ships coming out, I like designing trek ships, kind of a hobby my favorate so far is the 'Whisky Class' (Pictures posted soon), Will there be some kind of "Design your own ship" like the design your own race. I mean from scratch, Not just a lick of paint and some new warp nacelles.
I was referring to P v E specifically
Lt. Commander
# 50 torpedos
07-14-2009, 02:28 AM
What kind of torpedoes will be available? I suppose photon, quantum, perhaps transphasic... Could you tell what else? :-)