Will we be limited to our own faction's technology for ship components or do we have access to alien technology too?
I dont for a second suppose a federation would be able to loot a Bird of Pray for their cloaking device but for third party NPC civilizations / non aligned worlds would Federation and Klingons both have access to that technology?
Secondly do you consider this part of the game anywhere near 'finished' or do you still have lots or work to do for it to work?
If I remember correctly an Akira (would for example) still look like an Akira - with different nuts and bolts. There was a picture of the same ship with different configurations for the federation (can't find it now though?) - any plans on releasing a Klingon version too?
Would the look of the ship determine what ability the ship has or is the look of the ship just down to personal preference?
PS - any hint of a release date - sorry had to ask!!!!!!
Its been said that adding/changing things to your ships visual appearance won't directly change its charicteristics. (IE adding more Warp Nacells won't nessisarily make it faster). If thats so will there also be the ability to customize a ships weaponary/capabilitis at all? such as by replacing torpedo tubes with extra phasers or even replacing weapon systems with extra science equipment?
How will the upgrade proceedures be undertaken? will this be something your capable of by yourself out in the field or will you need to find a specialist player (AKA an Engineering Spec'd Capt) or is this something only capable at a space station or ship yard
Off the topic of Ships Config slightly... can you give us any information on our ability (or disability) to create and maintain ether personal space stations or guild space stations or other stationary objects we can place?
Not sure if this falls in the ship configurations catagory but:
Will we be able to outfit our ships with warp nacelles akin to those used on the Intrepid Class ships? (Ones that move when going into warp)
I'm saying because I think it would be cool to have a ship where the nacelles would be closely positioned to the main hull but when entering warp they would move outwards to a more standard Starfleet Ship configuration. (Like the nacelles on the Delta Flyer.)
Also on another note:
When advanced far enough in the game, Will we be able to outfit our ships with Quantum Slipstream Drives and Ablative Armor Generators? (as seen in the series finale of Star Trek Voyager)
Will we be able to customize our ship, like our character, before we actually enter the game. It's been said that at start we'll start with a ship in the Miranda class for the Federation, will I be able to make it look unique before I actually enter the game, or will all the Federation ships look identical as soon as you start the game for the first time?
Will Nausicaan, Orion, and Gorn ship configurations only be available to those species, or will a Klingon be able to fly a Gorn ship, a Gorn an Orion ship, and so forth?
Will NPCs show any customization of their configurations or will all NPCs flying a ship in the Constitution configuration be flying the Excalibur?
Is there some sort of skill tree necessary to unlock new configurations. For instance, if I spent the entire game investing skills only into science vessels and have a really advanced Intrepid class, but then decide I want to try my hand at an escort, can I jump into a Sovereign class, or do I have to start back at tier 1 escorts and work my way back up?
Will any "pieces" be compatible for multiple configurations? For instance, if I wanted to make a ship that is to the Sovereign what the Miranda is to the Constitution (a more compact version of the same technology, without a secondary hull) will I be able to do it? Or will those components (the Sovereign style saucer, etc) only be compatible with the Sovereign configuration?
Will functional (non-cosmetic) customization also be affected by configuration? For instance will I be told that the Type X phasers I'm trying to put on my Miranda are incompatible with the configuration?
1. As hinted with on the classified ship already posted, possible borg technologies available from distant outpost to be retrofitted into starfleet ships. I want to know can I, as a person who likes to stick his nose where it doesn't belong, possibly make it to the deep hidden area at an extremely low level, and get alt least something to show for it. Or will it be halfway through leveling(or whatever our version is) and have to have amassed 50 brazillion latinum to get a noisy cricket
2. IF I want a ship that is all engine and shields, is that possible, or will we all be forced to fight? Curious as to the role of a dedicated support ship for instance
Will there be race specific playable designs for the Gorn and Orions or will they simply use craft of the general Klingon ship types. I know we have seen a screen shot of a large Orion ship and hope it (and others) end up being playable configurations.
Are all configuration changes required to be performed when our ship is docked at a starbase?
Or can some parts of a ship's configuration be changed when our ship is off somewhere in space (and if so, what are some examples)?
Do some kinds of ship configuration changes require that our ship be docked at a particular kind of platform? For example, minor mods at a starbase, major upgrades at a fleet repair dock, and hull replacements at a shipyard?
Will we ba able to move the weapons systems to differtent areas of the ship? Like moving the phaser arrays up and down the saucer section? Also, can we modify our ships with other races technology? Like if we find a borg scanner intact, can we modify our ship to use it?
1) Will there be unique, or special devices that players can find and add to their ship? For example can I discover some kind of ancient sensor array in some ruins, and then add it to my ship? Or can I collect enough exotic materials A,B, and C to create a rare weapon? Sort of like special rings, armor, etc in other RPGs.
2) Can you catpure items or information from either NPC ships or other player ships? For example could you board another vessel, gain control of it, and download it's computer database or something like that before leaving?
3) Will there be any modules that allow ships to affect land or station-based combat? For example, will there be some kind of troop module that gives you X red shirts that can be beamed down to help you in surface combat?