Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange list max out at 400
09-01-2011, 02:21 AM
There is a difficulty regarding the purchase of anomalies at the exchange.
The list often ends at 400, that means I can't browse the sale lot with the highest quantity and often the lowest per unit price.
The cheaper, larger lot, option is being crowded out by the much more expansive, single anomaly sales. Not to mention buying 90 single anomalies takes FOREVER.

Please consider changing the exchange list for the anomalies to fix the problem. I need to see the end of the list. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2011, 08:48 AM
This became much more of an issue with the start of Season 4, when they raised the Exchange posting limit from 20 to 100. Now a STO account with 4 characters can completely dominate a single item category. Putting a 20 item limit for posting of any single item on the Exchange would limit this kind of abuse...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-01-2011, 08:54 AM
I'd say make additional filters and remove all the worthless batteries and stuff. They are cheap enough in the shipyard anyway. (Stacks of 20 are handy sometimes when u need them and ur at the exchange console) but...
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-01-2011, 09:55 AM
The exchange need an overhaul. Searching for anything sucks, but especially anomalies and boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2011, 07:25 AM
How about FIXING the exchange. I mean why would a Starfleet officer be required to view ALL the Klingon officers in a group?

As far as the rest of the functions I think they are just fine. If you are looking for a purple plasma torpedo launcher change what you want ie purple's, type in the first few parts of the name, then hit the search button.

I do NOT agree with limiting it less than 100 sells per user!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-18-2011, 11:34 AM
"Flooding" is pretty bad in some high-demand items. I can't buy chronometric wave signatures anymore. All I see is 400 listings of anomalies costing 10-20k each (<-- over priced). It's impossible to buy bulk, which is much more economical and less time wasting.

It sucks how a couple individuals can break a part of the exchange like that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseCloaker
"Flooding" is pretty bad in some high-demand items. I can't buy chronometric wave signatures anymore. All I see is 400 listings of anomalies costing 10-20k each (<-- over priced). It's impossible to buy bulk, which is much more economical and less time wasting.

It sucks how a couple individuals can break a part of the exchange like that.
If by "a couple individuals" you mean Cryptic UI programmers, then I agree.

The Exchange has been subpar from day one. No search by quantity or faction, and we had to beg to get the sort by price feature added. And try searching for a BOff with a specific trait or skill if you have half an hour to burn. Want the lowest price on that BOff with a specific trait or skill? I hope you don't have anything planned for the next two hours. Having an Exchange ceiling of 400 items is just begging for people to game the market. As far as that goes the Exchange is working as designed. I could understand only displaying 400 results, but let us click 'Continue Search' or something similar to see the next 400.

Basically it comes down to bad design. Bugs can be fixed. But with bad design you're always going to struggle to make things usable. It's a safe bet that STO's databases aren't set up with keywords or data flags to return search results based on trait or skill or even faction, so even if they add that stuff to the Exchange interface it probably won't work right. And judging by this statement by Heretic on 9/1/11 in the Duty Officer 101 thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
We are painfully aware that the Exchange badly needs some love, but it may be a while before it gets a significant revamp due to other priorities necessarily taking precedence.
...an Exchange overhaul isn't anywhere near a priority. Maybe Season 6 or 7 will bring better Exchange news.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I posted this already, they don't care
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
I posted this already, they don't care
At least he didn't necro the thread
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-22-2011, 09:06 PM
It's not just with data samples. The same boob that has been flooding those has also moved on to spamming the BOFF listings with page after page after page of 4,999 credit garbage purple BOFFs, in an attempt to shut down selling of anything useful in those categories as well. You can work around the idiot if you search by each species one at a time; but it would be nice if they would just actually fix it so one player can't shut down the entire economy with four spammer toons.