Lt. Commander
# 101
09-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Lets hear less QQ and more PEW PEW. This has gone from speculations to assumptions and you know what happens when you make assumptions without any facts or being in the know The logical question you have to ask yourself is a company such as Perfect World would they buy a company for 50 mil just to **** off their customer base? I think not, like any business acquisition it is an investment to make even more money. So their goal is to make us all happy (all=as many as they can) to make that 50 mil back and then start profiting. You have to look at the positive of it all lifers and those who will keep subscribing will be getting what they always have except more for their money or money they had already spent. I can already tell you the positives... Player base will grow much higher that will include more people to team up with in pvp, fleet actions, stf's, ranking/leveling up, the new borg red alerts, etc. Also just wait out the week it will take them to explain like when I worked in customer service in the past its almost never the higher ups handing down the info first it comes from the customer in a lot of cases like this one. One big issue no one seems to acknowledge is the worst case scenario would have been if Perfect World has not bought STO none of us would be able to play the game much less complain in these forums, the prior company could have just cut their *in their mind* loses. The last thing I am going to say too being a star trek fan for almost three decades, STO has only scratched the surface of CBS approved canon material.

Have Fun (Do yourselves a favor and do not cry over spilled milk that hasn't been spilled) LOL
Lt. Commander
# 102
09-02-2011, 01:14 AM
So as I understand it, those of us who still pay subscriptions will get a CP stipend, or just the lifetimers?
Lt. Commander
# 103
09-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
So as I understand it, those of us who still pay subscriptions will get a CP stipend, or just the lifetimers?
my understanding is it will be similiar to the model for CO FTP, but we will no more next week, the link for the CO matrix is repeated here (which shows both Lifetime and Gold Subscriptions as getting the stipend):

http://champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

as a lifetime subscriber, i would read that as "it wll make no difference to me"; i will get some things for free that the FTP community wont get, and I wont have to deal with advertising or similiar issues, and i will get some form of stipend in c store points... so if it is a similiar model to CO i'm content...
Lt. Commander
# 104 ftp?
09-02-2011, 01:50 AM
So hang on, if store is now gonna be free to play, what about the 250 I paid to be a lifer? I find this really rather insulting!
Lt. Commander
# 105
09-02-2011, 02:00 AM
I do not know what to think, I have been saving to get a Lifers account, now with it going to free to play i have to ask what is the point, Are they going to have it were they convert Lifers to Premium accounts and for us subs to still have the ability to by into it?
Lt. Commander
# 106 Wait and see!!
09-02-2011, 02:02 AM
hi fellow STO captains.
Glad i found back 10 months ago STO 60 days game cards for 6 euro per piece !! it means i played so long with just 3 euro ( ~4.30 $) per month.!! That worked well for me because I have not the time , some times weekends also , to play. I also feel happy because we are expecting our twins babys in the next couple months ( more future STO captains ) , and there will be a period that i wil not have time to play , so with this F2P model I dont worry for the extra money for sub ( when the game cars end up).

I'am just waiting , to see what this will bring to us.
Hope good thinks to all.

Sebastian ( ranaseb ).
Lt. Commander
# 107
09-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptRagnaroc
So hang on, if store is now gonna be free to play, what about the 250 I paid to be a lifer? I find this really rather insulting!
Fleeced is a better way to find this.
Lt. Commander
# 108
09-02-2011, 02:18 AM
about time?
Lt. Commander
# 109
09-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptRagnaroc
go read the hybrid model of champions, and shut up!
Lt. Commander
# 110 not the end?
09-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Free to play is a great move, however does this mean that there wont be any more cash injection and therefore no focus on the upgrades and improvements on content :-S. i'm happy to continue to pay if it means we get more content. STO is only half way to being the perfect trek universe... so it'll need alot of time and effort to continue to excell the game.